Farming Outdoor Jobs Position: Forestry Aid – Forestry Technician – job post
Location: Albuquerque, NM, 87101
Employment type: Full Time
Salary: $30,015 – $43,801 per year
Farming Outdoor Jobs Description:
- Perform as a member of a fire crew assigned to suppress the full range of difficulty and complexity of fires. Observe, record, and preserve evidence of the cause of fires. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Move dirt, chop brush, fell small trees, etc., to build a fireline using hand tools such as axe, Pulaski, shovel, and McLeod, and power saws, to control the spreading of wildland fire.
- Clean, recondition, and store specialized fire tools and equipment. Operate specialized fire suppression equipment such as portable pumps or drip torches.
- Patrol areas of controlled fires to “mop up” by searching out and extinguishing any remaining burning material.
- May be assigned to other resource management activities such as fuels, recreation, timber, or reforestation when not performing fire suppression duties.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of a background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- The initial appointment is subject to the satisfactory completion of training.
- This is a Test Designated Position. You will be tested for illegal drugs prior to the appointment and randomly thereafter. Appointment and continued employment are conditional on negative results.
- Must pass the Work Capacity Test for certain Interagency Fire Program Management or Fire Program Management positions.
- Willing to live/work in remote locations (volatile/unpredictable).
- Some Fire positions may have Conditions of Employment such as a valid state driver’s license; a commercial driver’s license (CDL); pre-appointment and random drug testing; or a physical or medical examination.
- There may be additional Conditions of Employment not listed here, however, applicants will be notified of any specific requirements at the time a tentative job offer is made.
- Under age 37; less than age 37 after subtracting the months of Permanent Federal Service in a primary or secondary firefighter/law enforcement position or a veteran preference eligible, older than age 37, and is requesting a waiver to the requirement.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements as defined below by the date the certificate of eligible candidates is issued.
For more information on the qualifications for this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management’s General Schedule Qualification Standards.
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess the experience requirements. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Provide course descriptions as necessary.
Apply Now and also check out Farm Work Near me in USA