Job title: Filler Operator 2nd Shift
Company: Dairy Farmers of America
Location: Franklin, MA
Filler Operator 2nd Shift Job Details:
Filler Operator 2nd Shift
Garelick Farms, Dairy Farmer of America, is excited to announce an opening for a Filler Operator position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!
External Candidate -$1,500.00 sign-on bonus
Additional shift details are to be provided during the interview process.
2nd Shift 2:30 pm to11:00 pm. Off Wednesday and Sunday
The Filler Operator is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of the filler of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product is clean and sterile.
- Clean, set up, operate, and monitor equipment of the production line.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks. * Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of products.
- Adjust filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with labeler operations, watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
*Hand Pick product, box, and plastic wrap product
- Perform filler and filler line changeovers safely and efficiently.
- Complete the cleaning checklist once the line has completed the run.
- Prepare equipment for the next run to include size changes as needed.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management, and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict production efficiency.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible, and accurate format and completed with the required information. Ensure all required information is documented by SOP.
- Analyze process and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshooting.
- Utilizing a continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow all required work-safe practices. This would include wearing all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, prerequisite programs, and food quality related to designated areas. Report any food safety and food quality-related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required. Experience preferred.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push, or pull virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, including overhead.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Be able to work in a team environment effectively.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background, and criminal checks).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for the job now!