Job title: Fundraising & Sponsorship Coordinator
Company: Bobby Orr Hall of Fame
Expected salary: $65000 per year
Location: Parry Sound, ON
Job date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 04:26:23 GMT
Job description: Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour-drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life. Join us as our Fundraising & Sponsorship Coordinator at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in this full-time, one-year contract position. The Bobby Orr Hall of Fame shares a facility with the Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts, this is an excellent opportunity to gain job experience in a multi-disciplinary arts facility in cottage country.
The Fundraising & Sponsorship Coordinator will build a fundraising strategy for the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame and solicit private/corporate sponsorships and donations. The coordinator will plan and execute Bobby Orr Hall of Fame special events including both community focused and fundraising events including designing a new annual fundraising event for the Hall of Fame.
- Delivers relevant educational programs related to the BOHF and promotes sport heritage.
- Provides input into the annual budget and business planning process, including updating and maintaining the 5-year capital plan for the HOF, with the Stockey Centre Manager.
- Networks, builds, and manages relationships within the industry including halls of fame, sports museums and associations.
- Networks, builds and manages relationship within the community and with potential audiences (e.g., Minor Hockey, Hockey Opportunity Camp, Hockey Schools, Boards of Education etc.)
- Networks, builds, and manages partnerships with public and private sectors, contributing to and building tourist attraction packages where possible.
- Gathers relevant statistics, prepares reports and recommendations to Manager, Director, Council, and other bodies as required.
Special Events and Fundraising:
- Manages and maintains positive relationships with Hall of Fame inductees.
- Manages annual induction and/or celebration youth or other like special events covering all facets including: event conception, nominee solicitation, review and selection, promotion and marketing, sponsorship, volunteer staffing, honorary guest accommodations, hospitality and catering and event program.
- Develops a private/corporate sponsorship and donations program.
- Design and manage a new special event for the BOHF; covering all facets including: event conception, catering and accommodations, volunteer staffing, marketing, promotion, and budget.
- Provides leadership to ad hoc volunteer committees and groups.
- Builds a positive relationship with local and external media sources.
Requirements: College diploma or university degree in a relevant field.
- Three years experience in fundraising and event management.
- Ability to manage large-scale events and programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to perform multiple, concurrent tasks, including the ability to set, maintain, and meet deadlines without supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills, exercising tact and discretion.
- Creative thinker.
- Knowledge and experience working with computer technology, including databases, MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Additional Info: Working Conditions & Physical Environment:
- Frequent sitting for short to intermediate periods of time (between 50-80% of the day) in a comfortable position with the ability to move about at will.
- Occasional lifting of light to heavy objects when setting up or tearing down an event.
- Work involves frequent short and occasional intermediate periods of mental concentration when dealing with various issues such as research, statistical analysis, program development, etc.
- Work environment has minimal or no disagreeable working conditions; work is sometimes in view of the public, with frequent public contact and is subject to deadlines and interruptions.
- Work is subject to unusual and unscheduled hours.
Health & Safety:
All employees working for the Corporation of the Town of Parry Sound are governed by the Corporation’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure that all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Ensures proper ergonomic requirements are met, and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
This is a full-time 35 hour/week, one-year contract position at a salary of $65,629 year.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply for the job now!