General Farm Worker Job Location: Killarney, Manitoba, Canada R0K 0C3, Manitoba Rural Communities: (Brunkild, Altona, Winkler, Killarney, Russell, Arborg, Poplarfield, St. Pierre – Jolys & St Malo and others)
Salary: $16.00 – $20.00 Per Hour
Our company-paid benefits package for full time employees includes Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
General Farm Worker Responsibilities
- Feed and care for livestock. Carrying out or assisting in carrying out livestock farming activities
- They operate and maintain agricultural machinery and equipment
- Follow food safety and animal biosecurity procedures
- Detect diseases and health problems in crops, livestock, and poultry
- Adjust and monitor water lines, airflow, and temperature in barns, coops, and coops
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure, including cleaning stables, barns, barns, and corrals.
Skills, and Education:
We offer on-the-job training, so there are no specific education or training requirements, although a university degree or specialized agriculture-related course is preferred.
- Basic agricultural knowledge and willingness and ability to learn
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Positive work ethic and attitude with attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
- Able to lift 25kg
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to commute in rural areas are required
- Weekends, holidays, and wake-up calls need to be rotated
- Pig raising experience is preferred
How To Apply?
Please send your resume to [email protected].
Maple Leaf Foods has adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022. Successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. Job applicants with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation can contact our HR Team at [email protected]