Job title: Inventory Associate
Location: Montreal, QC
Inventory Associate Job Details:
SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything ElseTM.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
The Studio Inventory Associate position is an hourly paid opportunity to work in the SSENSE Studio alongside the Operations teams. Reporting to the Team Lead of Studio Inventory, the Inventory Associate is responsible for optimal processing of inventory on-hand through transfers of goods and density control for SSENSE Montreal Studio locations. This role will deliver on accuracy, speed and efficiency of the inventory operations to enhance and maximise studio performance on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will execute flawless inventory management, from the arrival of products to their return to stock, proactively communicating and addressing issues to ensure studio production achieves key company objectives.
Inventory Management – 90%
- Assist in receiving, picking, packing, labelling, and returning products to and from the Distribution Center
- Transfer items and log inventory movements in the Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Use of a computer and other tools to scan and input data for merchandise in Studio Workflow System
- Organise and sort all studio inbound inventory to process seamless inbound and outbound operational tasks
- Work towards a flawless quality control of goods across studio receiving and outbound
- Monitor and resolve daily stock issues (damages, inventory discrepancies, labelling, etc.)
- Monitor supply requirements and inform Lead on inventory needs
- Follow studio operations, health and safety, maintenance and company policies.
- Support the department by performing various studio tasks as required
- Assist the Producing Team by receiving and identifying any production samples for all product categories (ie. makeup, tech, ready-to-wear, etc.)
- Adhering to loss prevention policies and guidelines to ensure the safeguarding of SSENSE inventory
- Assist in closing sets – confirming inventory is accurate and moved to proper locations after wrapping
Continuous Improvement – 10%
- Identify opportunities to improve daily operations and productivity as it relates to processes and stock flow
- Support the Studio Inventory Team by training new team members
- Build strong relationships with other studio departments to continuously improve processes and to provide the highest quality of work.
- Contribute to achieve both departmental and individual objectives KPIs.
- 1 year of operation or logistics experience in retail or related field
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Comfortable with technology and mobile applications (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, etc)
- Knowledge of WMS systems, an asset
- Understanding of warehouse operations, an asset
- Must be open to work evenings and weekends as required, hours/ days of work can be varied due to the demands of the business
- Ability to walk 5 km per day with equipment and/or stand for extended periods, when required
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 30 lbs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Goal oriented, self motivated, and demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Detail oriented with strong time management and organisational skills