Job title: Manager, Software Development
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Manager, Software Development Job Details:
Ready For a Tasty New Challenge?
Software Development Manager
The Manager of software development will support the execution of a wide variety of projects including application deployment, operational improvements, and business automation. This manager must possess extensive knowledge of business processes and technical environments, software tools and development team with deep expertise in MS .NET/MVC based data driven applications. You will lead an agile development team using the latest technologies. We are a tech savvy organization where multiple development projects will provide you with the opportunity to contribute and lead our dynamic and creative development team that delivers high value software solutions. The successful candidate lends subject-matter expertise to enhance projects with insightful takeaways and perspective.
What Wonderbrands Offers:
- Wonderbrands believes in Home Grown Talent and accelerated career growth
- Competitive Compensation, Health, and Dental Benefits
- Pension plan with matching contribution
- Discount program that covers almost everything under the sun – Restaurants, gyms, shopping, etc.
- Works with project manager, business process specialist and end users, when required, to understand requirements or discuss alternatives.
- Point of contact for technical teams to understand business requirements and propose consistent solutions designs that are scalable and efficient.
- Lead the team through the development of identified solutions and effective testing procedures.
- Monitor multiple cloud application deployments on an ongoing basis – evaluating progress, quality, and delivery timelines
- Manage resource plan and identify resource risks or blockers.
- Provide leadership guidance and direction to personnel to ensure proper, timely completion of work.
- Assist in development and execution of application roadmap
- Meet with vendors to assess products, inquire about services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and team to refine specifications and requirements
- Cultivate effective working relationships with business partner team to maximize productivity and customer service delivery.
- Anticipate problems or situations that could affect project success. Assess potential impact to the project and develop and execute the best solution. Manage escalated situations as needed.
- Provide team members with timely, constructive, and actionable feedback that increases individual and team effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, additional years of experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years in a leadership role that required people and application management
- 5+ years of experience with .NET and MVC applications
- 5+ years object-oriented analysis and design experience
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL Server (2012-2016) development/database design and experience with stored procedures, ETL, SSRS, SSIS, DDL, DML
- SharePoint experience with lists, documents libraries, site creation, archival and search
- Solid experience using Microsoft Visual Studio, RPA technologies similar to UiPath,
- Strong experience developing testing strategies
What is the recipe for a great career at Wonderbrands
Wonderbrands, is a leading Canadian bakery with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads. We are the makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa. We have a network of 13 Bakery Manufacturing facilities across Canada.
Wonderbrands, now part of the FGF Brands Group of companies, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading-edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are heavily focused on embracing an entrepreneurial drive and a highly collaborative start up culture with an emphasis on cross-functional collaboration.
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.
Apply for the job now!