Job title: Miller Trainee
Company: Parrish & Heimbecker
Expected salary: $29.62 per hour
Location: Cambridge, ON
Miller Trainee Job Details:
Parrish and Heimbecker
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a Miller Trainee for our Milling division based in Cambridge, ON.
P&H is the largest Canadian-owned milling company. The P&H Milling Group sources wheat from Western Canada, Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic Canada to produce quality flour and cereal products. The lineup includes hard red spring wheat flour for breads and other bakery products, soft winter wheat flour for cakes and cookies, as well as semolina flour for pasta, organic flour, and atta flour for chappati. In our specialty milling operation in Saskatoon, we also mill pea fractions.
From its mills in Halifax, Nova Scotia; Montreal, Quebec; Acton, Hanover, and Cambridge, Ontario; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; and Lethbridge, Alberta, the P&H Milling Group supplies flour to customers throughout Canada, the United States, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Iceland, and Pacific Rim countries.
Wage and Benefits
Wage: $29.62 per hour (probationary rate will apply)
Continental Night Shift: 6pm – 6am
Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd has a people-first approach therefore, we offer many perks to our hard-working staff! Some of our benefits include:
- Learning and Development Programs
- Dental, Vision, and Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Matching
- Wellness Program
- Company Events
As Miller Trainee, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing daily assistance to First and Second Millers in order to meet flour production needs. Your primary job functions will be the preparation of wheat for milling and the loading of bulk flour tankers. You will be provided the knowledge and skills required to grow your career in the flour milling industry!
Day to Day
- Controlling and monitoring the complete flow of incoming, transfer wheat systems and tempering systems.
- Debriefing with previous shift and communicating with incoming shift regarding overall state of equipment/systems, issues that arose and actions taken to rectify issues.
- Grind, test and document results of various wheat samples.
- Load all bulk flour tankers for their scheduled shipments.
- Collaborating with mill staff and maintenance to assist with production issues.
- Contributing to a safe work environment by following all Company policies and procedures including Health, Safety, Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assisting in daily cleaning activities throughout the facility.
- Providing coverage to wheat receiving area, as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to safely lift and stack 25kg bags repetitively.
- Ability to work days, afternoons, and evenings on a rotating schedule
- Ability to work overtime, as required.
- Previous experience in a food production or manufacturing environment is an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
To apply and learn more visit us at
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!