Job title: Pollution Control Officer
Company: GJH Sercons, Inc.
Location: Silang, Cavite
Pollution Control Officer Job Details:
- Attends to all permitting and registration requirements of the establishment
- Ensures that hazardous wastes Treatment Storage and Disposal (TSD) facilities are properly operated and maintained (applicable only for hazardous wastes TSD facility)
- Monitors compliance to the requirements specified in the Environmental Compliance Certificate and the commitments stipulated in the Environmental Management and Monitoring Plans or Environmental Performance Report and Management Plans and report the same in the Compliance Monitoring Report (CMR)
- Together with the Managing Head, ensures compliance with the requirements of PD 1586. RA 6969, RA 8749, RA 9003, RA 9275, their respective implementing rules and regulations (IRRs, and other pertinent rules and regulations
- Ensures the proper performance, operation, and maintenance of environmental management facilities or systems of the establishment such as the following:
- Wastewater treatment facilities;
- Air pollution control devices referred to in DAO 2000-03,
- Hazardous waste management storage areas (permanent or temporary);
- Solid waste segregation/management facilities (i.e. MRFs, sanitary landfills, composting facilities, etc.); and
- Environmental monitoring devices such as the Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems, Air Monitoring Stations, effluent flow metering/measuring devices, groundwater monitoring wells, and other environmental monitoring devices
- Monitor activities pertaining to the operation and maintenance of pollution control facilities to ensure compliance with the Effluent Standards and report monitoring results to DENR as part of the SMR
- Coordinate regulatory programs and activities with the city/provincial/municipal governments (if applicable)
- Promptly submits CMRs and SMRs, duly accomplished and signed by the PCOs, approved and certified correct by the Managing Head, and notarized
- Attends as a duly authorized representative of the establishment, technical conferences, hearings, and meetings, especially on matters pertaining to pollution cases of the establishment
- Initiates and intensify environmental management activities including awareness campaign within their organization
- Monitor the use of chemicals, especially those listed under the Priority Chemicals List (PCL) and those with the Chemical Control Orders (CCO), and the generation of solid and hazardous wastes. Monitoring data shall be submitted as part of the SMR and the PCL Compliance Certificate.
- Must be a Licensed Engineer/Chemist
- At least 2-years relevant experience in environmental management
- Professionals in the field of engineering or physical natural sciences with at least (3) years relevant experience in environmental management.
- Other professionals of appropriate discipline with at least 5 years relevant experience in environmental management
- Basic PCO Training accredited by DENR and LLDA. Letter of appointment/designation as PCO of the establishment to the DENR/LLDA.
- Basic knowledge of the manufacturing process/warehousing process of the site.
- Knowledge of environmental laws.
- Willing to under go trainings and seminars for this position
- Ability to commute/relocate: Silang, Cavite (Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work – Required)
Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice Manufacturing and Production Manpower 1 opening Bachelor’s degree graduate
Since 2020, GJH SERCONS INC. has brought employers and job seekers together with results that speak for themselves! Our experiences, powerful insights, proven deliveries, and attention to detail enable us to identify and provide human resource solutions across a broad range of industries.GJH SERCONS INC. takes pride in its extensive experience in providing employment targeting the various fields of expertise such as Accounting, Purchasing, Human Resources, Administrative, Legal, IT, Audit, Production, Engineering, Project and Maintenance, Logistics, and Trucking Industries.We have been making mutually beneficial matches between job seekers and our corporate clients and go to great lengths to ensure that each satisfies the needs and expectations of the other. We do so by taking the time to thoroughly understand the specific needs of each of our Partners and then using proprietary recruitment techniques to pinpoint the most suitable job candidates.
Apply for the job now!