Job title: Production Manager
Company: Staff Unlimited
Expected salary: R110000 – 128000 per year
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Production Manager Job Details:
- Maximize return per hectare by increasing production of good quality fruit in a sustainable manner.
- Coordinate and prepare recommendations on capital investments prioritizing return on investment – Monitor performance of return on capital
- Manage process of new developments and replanting from planning to execution.
- Develop and maintain agronomic and technical programs and management strategies that provide the requirements to grow fruit and ensure maximum yields are achieved, without compromising optimum quality and size
- Implement process to ensure detail is provided to each farm regarding irrigation & drainage monitoring programs, spraying programs, fruit growth, quality assessment, crop estimation activities, harvest programs, canopy management, labour allocation, and maintenance programs.
- Develop and manage a plan for the harvest of fruit balancing market demands, resources, and fruit readiness
- Work hand in hand with commercial and packing to ensure that customer programs and requirements are met.
- Manage the preparation of budgets, harvest estimates and associated reporting in detail and apply updates and changes to forecasts on a regular basis.
- Review and report weekly and monthly income and expenses, harvest volume and crop estimates. Provide analysis on relevant deviations
- Perform regular analysis of orchard performance and create detailed improvement plans.
- Create a cost-conscious environment and improve efficiencies through continuous improvement and innovation
- Review and approve purchases exceeding a certain value – Negotiate with suppliers
- Establish relationships with third party growers and provide technical knowledge needed to ensure that they produce a crop that will deliver maximum yields that are at the standards required by customers.
- Set leadership standards and conduct staff appraisals and performance management. – Identify training & development requirements for key positions.
- Develop and initiate research and development projects and monitoring progress in conjunction with the Technical Manager
- Develop and direct corrective activities where required with the objective of ensuing all safety, sustainability and operating plan requirements can continue to be achieved.
- Ensure all farms and contractors comply with HSE policies and procedures, including the maintenance for a safe and healthy workplace for the protection off all employees.
- Ensure that the maintenance programs for all facilities and equipment are in place and executed withing budget and required standards.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at senior management level
- A degree in agriculture
- Must have been responsible for at least 500 hectares
Agriculture Management Production
Apply for the job now!