Job title: Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Vaughan, ON
Quality Assurance Technician Job Details:
Wonderbrands is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across key bakery categories, including breads & rolls; alternatives breads, and others. We are the makers of Wonder®Bread, Country Harvest®, D’Italiano®, Gadoua®, and Casa Mendosa™ tortillas. We bake our products in 13 facilities across Canada, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
Position: Quality Assurance Technician (Contract – Covering a Maternitity Leave)
Location:300 Gibraltar Rd Vaughan, ON L4H 3N5, With some travel between Etobicoke and Vaughan
- 1 Position Day shift (9AM to 5PM; Mon to Friday) with some flexibility around the time.
- Review and manage specifications to understand the quality expectations for incoming specific ingredients and packaging materials.
- Inspection of purchased ingredients to ensure compliance with quality and food safety standards.
- Review and manage electronic copies of COAs and match them with deliveries, for accurate traceability.
- Suggest measures to improve traceability, storage, handling and use of ingredients.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of corporate programs
- Manage hold of ingredients not meeting food safety and quality standards using SAP systems.
- Completes non-conformance reports for any out of compliance situations and coordinate with stakeholders and suppliers for corrective and preventive actions.
- Conducts GMP inspections of production, warehouse, and packaging, receiving and shipping areas.
- Accountable for preparation and participation in all internal/ third party/ CFIA and/or FDA audits
- Completes any other quality and food safety related tasks as assigned.
- Responsible to control any non-conforming product, raw materials, packaging material or equipment that does not meet customer/internal specifications, regulatory requirements by placing it on hold physically and in OMS system.
- Verify receiving /shipping procedure and certificate of analysis to ensure raw material, packaging components are meeting specification and Wonderbrands standards.
- Effectively communicate and Document all QA activities accurately and in timely manner.
- Provide ongoing access to customer portals, uploading new and changes to product sku’s.
- Post-secondary in a food safety/ quality related program.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a quality control food manufacturing.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel and database management, preferably trace gains.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
- Ability to collaborate with other stakeholders from Corporate QA, Warehouse, Maintenance, Purchasing.
- Flexible and willing to work overtime where required.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!
Wonderbrands is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Wonderbrands offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Chez Wonderbrands s’engage à promouvoir un environnement de travail avec des valeurs fortes qui favorisent la diversité à travers divers politiques, programmes et activités qui encouragent la sensibilité et les accommodements. Chez Wonderbrands offre du travail sans égard à l’ethnie, la couleur de la peau, le sexe, l’origine, la religion, l’âge, le handicap ou l’orientation sexuelle. La diversité est une partie intégrante de notre succès en tant qu’entreprise et nous allons utiliser la diversité comme modèle pour aider à identifier et à développer les meilleurs talents, pour créer des équipes efficaces et pour atteindre une excellence globale. En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu’il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.
Apply for the job now!