Job title: Quality Assurance Technician (Night Shift)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Quality Assurance Technician (Night Shift) Job Details:
Wonderbrands, is a leading North American bakery (with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads, artisan breads, and donuts. We are one of the largest bakeries in North America and makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa.
Wonderbrands, a division of FGF Brands, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are hiring to build a robust Talent and Development team to support our bakeries and Team Members.
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Shifts: 8 to 10 hour overnight shift, (flexibility with working overtime, and on weekends, as necessary)
Perks of working with us:
- Accelerated career growth with leadership training
- Competitive Compensation
- Health and medical benefits
- RRSP matching program
- Perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation, and warehouse functions of the company including GMP, metal detection, label, and coding verification, general hygiene and safety, as well as in-process and finished product weights.
- Document all QA activities accurately and timely.
- Conduct verification of the proper functioning of testing equipment such as thermometers and scales.
- Continuously assesses the results of inspection findings and reacts in a timely manner to communicate potential problems to the Team leader and QA Team Leader.
- Prepare reports/summaries and communicates results to QA Team Leader and others as necessary.
- Implement Hold procedures for suspect product and or product evaluations and testing.
- Collect and submits samples for laboratory analysis.
- Assist with the development and delivery of Quality / Food Safety Training for manufacturing and support teams.
- Assist with investigations and consumer/customer complaints.
- Assist and provides support during third-party audits.
- Participate in plant trials and other related duties and responsibilities assigned.
- 2+ years experience in a QA position (preferably for a food manufacturer).
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP) programs, GMP programs, and Quality Systems.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!
Wonderbrands is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Wonderbrands offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.
Apply for the job now!