Job title: R&D Clinical Scientist
Company: Medgene Labs
Location: Brookings, SD
R&D Clinical Scientist Job Details:
Medgene Labs helps veterinarians and producers protect livestock with precisely constructed immunological products and services. Applying a strategy of continual diagnostic surveillance and data analytics to the practice of immunology, creating vaccines for the disease at hand quicker and more precisely than previously possible. Medgene Labs has a single mission: To be a world-class Immunological Services Provider™ for leading livestock producers and their veterinarians.
A Research and Development (R&D) Clinical Scientist will collaborate with the R&D team and participate in developing study protocols, the planning, scheduling, and executing of studies in support of R&D projects involving vaccine research for various diseases in multiple species to achieve vaccine licensure and to support post-licensure needs. The Clinical Scientist will participate in the coordination and execution of studies conducted both internally and with external collaborators and contracted study sites, as well as contribute to the organization and management of clinical study data. The position requires the ability to perform detail-oriented work and successfully integrate within a strong R&D team. The Clinical Scientist will report to the Clinical Manager.
Responsible for leading and/or participating in multi-disciplinary teams and in collaboration with scientists across the organization. The position requires independent judgment and interpretation under the direct supervisor.
- Design and perform studies that meet animal care, use, and welfare requirements, under USDA oversight.
- Perform vaccination and sample collections with multiple species.
- Track and document study data with good documentation practices.
- Operate and maintain animal handling and laboratory equipment.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to accomplish project goals and milestones.
- Create conditions for increasing productivity by analyzing and improving existing processes.
- Monitor compliance with written procedures and occupational health and safety regulations, ensuring a culture of safety for all employees.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Appropriate methods and techniques of animal handling, humane treatment, care and feeding, proper sampling, acquisition, and disposition.
- Appropriate methods for handling and processing test articles and samples.
- Good documentation practices and attention to detail.
- Operation of equipment for animal restraint and sample collection.
- Methods of data capture, management, and reporting.
- Prepare scientifically accurate and thorough reports.
- Work safely with infectious materials and specimens following biosecurity practices.
- Operate scientific equipment and computers.
- Write detailed SOPs and protocols.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Apply for the job now!