Job title: Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician Job Details:
This is an ad for creators of change!
This is for you who wants to have a real impact on creating a healthier planet for our children every day. At Neste, you will be working for the world’s leading producer of sustainable aviation fuel and renewable diesel and a forerunner in developing renewable and circular feedstock solutions for polymers and chemicals. Let’s create transformation for a sustainable future together.
We are looking for you,
to our Operations team in Neste Singapore Refinery.
You will focus on your role as a trainee Technician. In this job you will work closely with Shift Supervisor and peers to undergo an induction and competency programme to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to become a Technician.
In our team, you will learn how to safely and efficiently operate the plant, prepare and execute maintenance activities at Neste Singapore’s integrated renewable product refinery complex in accordance to our operations procedure. Together with you and your expertise, we can make an impact today and keep our promises for tomorrow.
Reasons to join
Real impact right now. We work in an inspiring and evolving business environment, where everything we do serves one purpose: to create a healthier planet for our children. To drive a growing impact as a global leader in renewable and circular solutions we live by our values every day; we care, we have courage, we cooperate.
Safety and caring. We value safety always and everywhere. We want our work to feel good and do good. At Neste, we nurture a culture where everyone is welcome and feels safe, respected and encouraged to be their unique true selves.
Exciting growth. Transformation brings new possibilities and fosters our courage and curiosity. As a global growing company we support personal development with versatile learning and career opportunities. Collaboration is the key, and we believe in flexible, smart ways of working.
In addition we offer locally in Singapore free bus transport from various MRT Stations.
More about the job
Your role in our team
- Complete the induction and competency programme encompasses initial company familiarisation, classroom training and on-the-job training.
- Three-month induction programme, consisting of theory sessions, will be conducted and assessed by the competency development team.
- Up to nine-month on-the-job training provides the opportunity to learn and work on the refinery units under coaching of shift trainer and (Deputy)Shift Supervisors
- Participate in plant shutdown and start-up as part of the training.
- Upon completion of the programme the Trainee will join the integrated refinery as a Technician
- You learn will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to achieve assignments given by the trainers. You will report to the assigned Shift Supervisor.
Keys to success in this role
- Recent graduate from NITEC in Chemical Process Technology (Petrochem)
- Completed full-time National Service for male applicants
- Able to perform rotating shift work
- Willing to work in Tuas
Other strengths we value
- Chemical Process Knowledge
- Safety attitude
Let’s get you started
Wondering whether we are a match or not? Take a short test at .
We look forward to receiving your CV and application (with a salary request).
We will do our best to contact you within 2 weeks after the application time has ended. The recruitment process will include interviews and a possible aptitude assessment. (The person selected for the position must pass a health examination. A security clearance is obtained with their consent.)
Neste creates solutions for combating climate change and accelerating a shift to a circular economy. With over 75 years of refining expertise, we are now the world’s leading producer of sustainable aviation fuel and renewable diesel and a forerunner in developing renewable and circular feedstock solutions for polymers and chemicals. We have set aspirational targets for climate, biodiversity, human rights, as well as our supply chain and raw materials. Our ambition is to make the Porvoo oil refinery in Finland the most sustainable refinery in Europe by 2030. Together with our partners we are aiming at a carbon neutral and nature positive value chain by 2040. Our success is created by 5,400 professionals working in 16 countries. Read more: . Get inspired by our .
Apply for the job now!