Job title: Truck Shop Service Technician
Company: Butler Machinery
Expected salary: $29.1 – 47.15 per hour
Location: Minot, ND
Truck Shop Service Technician Job Details:
Are you looking for a company that helps develop your skillset, cares about your development, and provides a training environment to succeed? Butler Machinery Company is a third-generation family-owned business that believes in helping employees reach their full potential. In this ever-changing industry, Butler Machinery has provided security, training, and growth opportunities for employees since 1955.
At Butler Machinery Company we offer rewarding career opportunities and professional level training in our state-of-the art training facility. While we grow together, we consistently promote our mission and values in every decision we make.
In this role you’ll use your mechanical aptitude to perform maintenance, diagnostics and repair for all customer equipment needs. With a career at Butler, you’ll begin a journey of personal and professional growth.
To learn more about how you could start an exciting new career as a technician with Butler Machinery, please visit…
Full-Time Technician Pay Scale: $29.10/hr-$47.15/hr, DOE.
Benefits for a Diesel Service Technician
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 900 associates in 20 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Nebraska. If you desire to start your career with our team, here are some of the industry leading benefits we offer:
- Health Insurance – 4 plan options including 3 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options – Basic and Preferred
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options – Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/year
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 15 days a year accrued through pay periods
- 401(K) Plan
- 8% Annual Retirement Contribution fully paid by Butler Machinery Company
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- Free access to Dave Ramsey’s ‘SmartDollar’ Financial Planning Program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products
- Other company-sponsored benefits include uniforms, safety glass allowance, optional Credit Union membership and educational assistance
Responsibilities of a Diesel Service Technician
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Perform maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs on construction, agriculture, or power generation systems.
- Troubleshooting capabilities within all diesel technology systems and componentry. For example: Hydraulics, electrical, power trains, etc.
- Opportunity for overtime as workload dictates (anything over 8 hours a day is paid at 1.5x your hourly rate)
- Proactively maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Work independently and as part of a high performing team
- Committed to lifelong learning and training to stay ahead of industry standards and product updates
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Opportunity to travel to other Butler and customer locations
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for ideal candidates who embrace the following values
- Our Team – At Butler, we believe our team is our greatest asset. We believe in working together and treating each other with dignity and respect.
- Customer-Driven – We are customer driven. We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations, but never at the cost of our values.
- Integrity – We believe that integrity is paramount. Our word is the cornerstone of our business, and we will earn the trust of those we serve.
- Accountability – We believe in accountability. We understand the impact of our decisions and accept responsibility for our words and our actions.
- Excellence – We believe in excellence through innovation, life-long learning and professional development.
- Safety – We believe in uncompromised safety. We are collectively responsible for the safety of one another in all workplace situations.
Qualifications that match a Diesel Technician Career
- Ability to provide an excellent customer experience
- Ability to work well with minimum supervision
- Proficient computer technology skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Preferred ability to meet and maintain insurability standards to drive a company vehicle
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to learn new skills quickly
- Preferred degree or certificate in a related field or equivalent applicable experience
- Willingness to acquire trade-specific tooling, including hand and impact tools
- Applied knowledge of basic mechanical theory
- Must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Butler Machinery Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply for the job now!