Job title: Vice President of Operations
Location: Clackamas, OR
Vice President of Operations Job Details:
Headquartered in the Pacific Northwest, Wyld produces the best Cannabis tasting edibles and beverages on the market using real fruit and natural flavors. When adventure calls, we answer – always ready to embrace challenges, test boundaries, and push limits. Our company ethos is founded in to our communities and the Earth itself. Our ambitious team embraces challenges, tests boundaries, and is always ready for adventure. Wyld operates in AZ, CA, CO, IL, MI, NM, NV, OR, OK, WA, and across all of Canada with more launches on the horizon.
Ability to excel in a fast-growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative.
Embody Wyld Core Values, The Wyld Way
Wyld’s core values are the driving force and energy behind everything we do. These values drive our culture, our business philosophy and our philanthropic efforts. It is the cornerstone for all that we do here at Wyld.
-Make a Mark
-We Blaze Our Own Trail
-We Mean Business
Covid-19 Vaccinations: This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
The Vice President of Operations will align closely with Wyld’s goals and objectives to assist in implementing strategy and driving overall profitability in our operations; they will be directly responsible for the Supply Chain, current Manufacturing Operations, and New Market Operations departments.
The Vice President of Operations will have both day-to-day and long-term ongoing impact on Wyld’s operations by implementing change to develop leadership, increase quality, productivity and employee satisfaction across our Operations facilities by establishing and communicating guidelines and process changes to ensure the culture is aligned with Wyld’s Core Values and business strategy.
The Vice President of Operations will collaborate cross-functionally within the organization for alignment with various departments, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems that will meet the current and future needs of the business.They will work closely with on the ground teams to identify where efficiencies can be made in the current system and create future scalable, sustainable plans without sacrificing quality or profitability.
Our ambitious team embraces challenges, tests boundaries, and is always ready for adventure.
The ideal candidate has extensive operational and leadership experience they can rely on to lead and build a team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective. A successful candidate has strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view. They will have the proven ability to lead through ambiguity and adaptability in a complex, ever-changing environment. \n
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee and implement operations strategy, structure, and processes
- Manage the quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Maintain a working knowledge of all phases of operations
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, and systems to improve and streamline organizational flow and resources by leveraging technology to enhance the company’s success
- Establishes. communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects
- Reviews and approves purchasing forecasts, new vendor agreements, cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects
- Reviews, approves, and implements continuous improvement proposals
- Oversee operations leadership team
- Effectively communicate with department leaders, ensuring strategic information is funneled to the appropriate team members
- Monitor performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and drive results
- Perform department leadership’s employee performance reviews
- Responsible for overseeing the hiring, training, development and terminating of direct reports
- Provide coaching to department leaders and direct reports to ensure all staff have the resources necessary to perform their duties correctly and effectively
- Collects information about successes/challenges/opportunities of operations, share appropriate information to refine and improve processes
- Drives and scales results in all deliverables (production quotas, labor standards, profitability, budget management, people metrics)
- Makes strong decisions with sometimes conflicting information in ambiguous situations
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular performance feedback and coaching to direct reports including reviews.
- **If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.**
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing leadership and/or training and scaling
- Must be proficient in Excel, data analysis and other inventory management systems
- High attention to detail
- Problem solver that thrives under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent in conflict resolution, communication, learning and teaching an array of subjects
- Not afraid to take ownership; demonstrates a growth mindset
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions/suggestions from various levels within the company
- Possess advanced mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Perform advanced visual quality inspections on products
- State regulations require all applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- Will be required to submit to a background check
- Must obtain all state required: permits, licenses, certifications
- Travel between sites will be required
- Must be willing to receive authorized vaccination against COVID-19
If you are not a California resident or applying to an open role in the state of California please skip this section
- Please review and be prepared to answer a few questions about the above notice at the end of the application
$180,000 – $200,000 a year \n
As an exempt employee, you’ll receive a competitive salary of $180,000-200,000, 10 paid holidays, 401K, unlimited PTO and fully paid health, dental and vision insurance.
Wyld is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for the job now!