Job title: Business Development Representative
Company: Aviso Wealth
Location: Toronto, ON
Business Development Representative Job Details:
At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to leadership, innovation, partnership, responsibility, and community. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic ‘oneaviso’ culture sets us apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at .
We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to join our Digital Wealth Sales and Business Development Team.
This role can be mostly remote, however we will on occasion require you to come onsite to our office at 151 Yonge St, Toronto, ON.
Reporting to the Director, National Accounts & Business Development – Affiliate, the Business Development Representative is responsible for working as part of a team to assist in achieving a sales target within the defined sales territory. Responsibilities include relationship management for assigned Partners, prospecting, presentations, and public speaking, booking meetings, data entry/management, reviewing and editing content, event management and coordination, preparation of presentation and prospecting materials, cross departmental and inter departmental coordination, authoring Partner and Prospect communications and responses, and obtaining Compliance, IT, Marketing, and Legal approvals.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
- Leadership – You lead your team and provide regular direction, guidance, coaching, and motivation, all while striving for peak performance. You assist them in overcoming obstacles through additional resources, removal of roadblocks, and providing the level of support required for their success. You delegate and deliver feedback based on the in-depth understanding of your individual team members
What your day looks like:
- Relationship management for assigned Partners; assigned Partners may include Traditional Financial Services firms (e.g., Insurance Providers) and Affiliates (e.g., Publishers)
- Prospecting for new Partners and new business
- Working closely with the broader team to ensure that all Partners and Prospects in the territory are being proactively serviced by scheduling, confirming, and in some cases, facilitating regular meetings and presentations
- Event Coordination including organizing conference sponsorship and attendance and Webcasts (Seminars, Road Show & Webcast includes both virtual & person)
- Responding promptly and professionally to both written and phone inquiries regarding products, client inquiries, partner resources, procedures, and systems
- Partnering with Compliance, Marketing, IT, and Legal to obtain approvals on items like new initiatives/business opportunities, contracts, disclaimers, and bespoke creative and content
- Reviewing and editing bespoke creative and content produced by Partners and Prospects
- Authoring and sending Partner and Prospect communications
- Ensure integrity of data in CRM (salesforce)
- Handling special projects or assignments as needed
- Reporting and research support (e.g., Power BI tool and reading and summarizing industry research and statistics)
- Integration, coordination, and completion of RFPs & RFIs
- Coordination and creation of reporting packages, presentations, and prospecting materials
Your experience and skills:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business Administration or related field
- 5 years of work experience, minimum 3 years in a related role
- Team player with a familiarity with and a passion for, Online Brokerage and/or Robo-Advice; expectation is to complete industry related training and/or courses
- Strong computer skills including the MS Office suite of applications
- Public speaking and relationship management experience and skill preferred
- Business writing experience and skill preferred
- Salesforce experience considered an asset
- Knowledge and/or experience with Affiliate Partner Programs considered an asset
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and resolve issues
- Great attitude with the ability to develop trusting business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth powers businesses that empower investors. We are a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $110 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso Wealth is owned by Credit Union Centrals, Co-operators / CUMIS and Desjardins. Our mutual funds dealer, securities brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Direct Investing, and our digital advice platform, Qtrade Guided Portfolios, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, offers a comprehensive lineup of responsible investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso Wealth also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. We have operations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with a regional office in Winnipeg. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at .
Apply for the job now!