Job title: Class 1 Driver
Company: American Iron & Metal
Location: Moncton, NB
Class 1 Driver Job Details:
We are eagerly seeking qualified Class 1 Drivers and are pleased to offer a $2000 sign-on bonus to qualified candidates. Please see conditions below.
WHY JOIN THE AIM FAMILY?
At AIM, our Driving team works day shifts from Monday to Friday, with opportunity for overtime. We are proud to offer full time, permanent positions, with competitive salaries, group benefits, an excellent Employee Assistance Program and RRSP matching incentive! Not to mention, we provide work clothing, free onsite parking and coffee. We also provide continuous training and learning opportunities to help our employees succeed in every way. Come join our friendly team today!
MORE ABOUT AIM:
American Iron & Metal (AIM) is a family-owned company and recognized global leader in the metal recycling industry with more than 125 sites and 3500 employees worldwide. We have continued to prosper for the last eight decades thanks to the dedication of our employees and the ongoing trust and support of our customers.
Become part of team AIM, a growing team with an entrepreneurial spirit who has over the years evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with business divisions that include metal recycling, decommissioning and demolition, auto-parts sales and recycling, manufacturing of solder assemblies, construction waste recycling, and production of customized industrial and mining products.
We take pride in doing good things for the environment to help create a greener, more sustainable future for all.
It’s simple; we do it right. We AIM for excellence.
American Iron and Metal located in Moncton is searching for experienced Class 1 Drivers. The candidate will be responsible for the daily pick-up and/or delivery of various metal products to and from the state of Maine.
- Pick up and/or deliver to AIM’s commercial clients or another AIM site;
- Secure the loads;
- Tarp the load, if necessary;
- Keep the equipment clean and in good working condition;
- Perform a daily inspection;
- Keep reports up-to-date;
- Always work in a safe manner.
- Other labourous and operating duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Class 1 license, required;
- Good drivers abstract;
- Minimum two (2) years experience
- Eligible for International (USA) cross border travel (must have a valid passport)
- Experience operating a self-loader is an asset.
- Follow all laws and regulations, in regards to driving truck;
- Responsible, careful and alert at all times;
- Willing and able to perform labour intensive tasks;
- Good knowledge of roads in the state of Maine and the Maritime Provinces.
- SIGN ON BONUS OF $2000 *Successful Candidates will receive 50% of bonus upon Sign On and Remaining amount after three consecutive months of employment
- Full time; permanent position
- Day shifts; Monday to Friday
- Competitive wages
- Group benefits. EAP and matching RRSP
- Free clothing, coffee and onsite parking
- Continuous training opportunities
Apply for the job now!