Job title: Construction Specialist
Company: Environmental Consultants (ECI)
Location: Reston, VA
Construction Specialist Job Details:
We are currently seeking a Construction Specialist to work with Dominion Energy on Transmission Construction Projects. This is a field position and candidate must have experience with environmental compliance in relation to land clearing and linear construction projects. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in environmental compliance with ECI.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI Construction Specialists is that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients.
This position is eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus!
Hourly payrate is $25-$34, depending on relevant industry experience and certifications.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/VOYA/Vacation Accrual/Paid Holidays/EAP eligibility on day one of employment (Full-Time Employees).
- 401K, life insurance, long-term disability eligibility first of the month after 3 months of service.
- Sick Time eligibility on day 90 of employment.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations for wetland access, protected species, wood and debris disposal, site control and soil disturbance.
- Provides field technical support in multiple construction specializations such as field construction management, environmental compliance, erosion/ sedimentation control, civil site work and road construction.
- Manage SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan) for utility transmission construction sites.
- Manage and oversee site development crews during construction.
- Ensure all field operations are in compliance with permits, including road use permits, natural resource protection act permits, Corp of Engineers permits, etc.
- Document pre- and post-work field conditions to ensure sites are in compliance with permits and environmental regulations and there are no conditions that require mitigation or restoration.
- Observe that wetlands & sensitive areas identification are in place and vegetation management crews are aware of them prior to entering such areas.
- Secure clearing agreements for rights-of-way where necessary, mitigate customer complaints related to scheduled or completed pruning, audit the tree contractor’s work for compliance with the utility’s specifications, assist in storm and emergency situations, and other miscellaneous line clearance projects.
- Assist in developing recommendations on future R-O-W maintenance requirements.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners, and the general public. Performing duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Prior experience working in linear utility site work construction including electric transmission, gas pipelines, DOT projects or related construction field.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) book knowledge.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout territory depending on assignment location. (May include overnight travel with per diem eligibility)
- Desire to work outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Strong public relation skills/ ability to interface with the public.
- Willingness to work alone.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver s license.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Environmental Science, Construction Management, Building Science, or a degree related to these fields.
- Substantial working knowledge in the Electric Transmission Construction or Pipeline Utility field.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector Certification with DEQ.
- Previous wetland delineation knowledge and/or utility permitting experience.
- Previous construction crew oversight experience.
- GIS Experience.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.
Apply for the job now!