Job Position: Farm Hand Work Near Me
Location: Adelaide Hills & Barossa SA, Regions SA Australia
Employment type: Contract
Farm Hand Work Near Me Australia Salary: GSE4 $56,553 – $57,176 per annum
Poultry Farm Hand Work Near Me Inghams Enterprise:
Your opportunity to join us
In this role, you will be supporting our Poultry Farming Team located at 58 Slaughterhouse Rd, Hamley Bridge 5401. We are looking for people who are flexible to cover various shifts and weekend work as and when the need arises in order to support the team. This would likely be 1 – 5 days, up to 38 hours per week.
- No experience required, on the job training provided
- Onsite Parking
- Great employee benefits including product discounts, novated leasing, travel discounts + more!
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team with career development opportunities
- ASX listed company in Australia and NZ.
- The health, safety, and wellbeing of our people is our highest priority
- Ensure all livestock is treated humanely and in compliance with Ingham’s Minimum Standard Procedures
- Processing and inspecting chicken safely and systematically, according to quality specification
- Completing manual handling duties
- Being an active, respectful team member that is reliable and honors work commitments
- Get involved with safety, follow the safety rules, speak up, and be mindful of risks
- Cleaning duties and maintaining a clean workspace
- Storing and maintaining materials, equipment, and tools
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety & Quality issues, hazards, and risks.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure livestock is treated humanely by yourself and others
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Capability to perform repetitious tasks efficiently, correctly, and systematically in accordance with policies and standards
- Ability to understand, correctly interpret and follow instructions, procedures, and information
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment
- To be able to successfully communicate written and verbally
- A record showing work commitment, reliability, and motivation
- Ability to respond calmly and methodically when faced with obstacles
- A good level of fitness is required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
With us, you can pursue your passion, grow your career, and contribute to a business that delivers great experiences for our customers and consumers.
Hatch your career with us – apply today!
Please note, due to quarantine restrictions we are unable to accept applications from people who regularly come into contact with pigs or birds OR have anyone living in the same residence as you, work in other poultry or pig operations.
Farm Hand Work Near Me Muster Farming:
At the Department of Primary Industries and Regions, we offer our employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and flexibility.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQ, people with disabilities, women, and other diverse groups. The Department of Primary Industries and Regions recognizes the benefits that such an approach brings to our staff and customers in delivering the future of SA.
- The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete a National Police Check (NPC) prior to being made an offer of employment
- Australian residency or a current works permit is required (the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of a current work permit).
- Full time vacancy up to December 2023
- Possession of a current driver’s license and willingness to drive
- Some out-of-hours work will be required during summer, harvest, and other periods of peak work demand, for which overtime is available.
- You acknowledge your work, health, and safety obligations, and our expectations
- Must complete additional training as required for the role
- Willingness to obtain an HR License
- Desirable: Forklift License
- Desirable: Experience in agriculture/horticulture
Please contact: [email protected]
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Please submit a Covering Letter (no more than 3 pages) outlining your skills and experience in relation to the Professional and Technical Knowledge, Communication, and Team Work capabilities of the role description and a current CV (no more than 5 pages). Applicants must include the contact information of at least 2 referees with 1 being your immediate supervisor/manager and a completed “Pre-Employment Declaration in the SA Public Sector” form.
Apply now and also check out other Farm Hand Jobs in Australia.