Farm Laborer Pilot Point TX United States Estimate Salary Between $22.4k – $28.3k a year
- Prepare soil and growth medium
- Haul and spread topsoil, fertilizer, peat moss, lime and other soil conditions on sod grass and turf areas.
- Dig, rake, and screen soil.
- Fill tanks with water and handle irrigation equipment.
- Sow grass seed.
- Cut, roll, and stack sod.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Operate mowers, forklifts, and sod cutters.
- When work in sod is not available, workers may be offered other general agricultural duties associated with sod farming, including building and equipment maintenance, repairing fences, and similar tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
Farm Laborer Pilot Point Qualifications
- No Education/Experience Required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- The ability to understand and carry out oral instructions.
- The physical ability to do manual work requiring strenuous physical exertion; e.g., continuous walking, bending, standing, pushing, and/or lifting.
- The ability to learn to use and/or operate light motor equipment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (IF APPLICABLE)
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
- Heavy lifting and physical exertion will be necessary.
- Work is performed outdoors in various field locations on the farm.
- Require exposure to all temperature and weather extremes (i.e., heat, rain, wind, cold, and dusty conditions), moving equipment, loud noises, wetness, dust, and fumes, and requires walking on soft muck and hard and uneven surfaces.
Farm Laborer Pilot Point Note:
- Must be a team player who is willing to cooperate with others.
- Must be able to accept corrective criticism from a supervisor.
- Must be willing to take on a variety of assignments as assigned by management on an as-needed basis within the department and within other areas of King Ranch if necessary.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.