Job title: Generation Apprentice Assoc-Senior (Stateline)
Location: Joplin, MO
Generation Apprentice Assoc-Senior (Stateline) Job Details:
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
This position is available for an individual who wants to learn the field of power generation at one of Liberty’s electric power plants. The individual must possess the skill set listed in the Education and Experience section as well as a willingness to learn valuable skills in several other areas. Individuals will have a 2-year learning period, with periodic testing, to learn the fundamentals of power generation as well as hands-on learning and working with highly proficient plant personnel. Individuals must perform such work in accordance with Company, regulatory, and safety procedures.
- Safety is a core value of our company, and no job is so important that it cannot be completed safely. It is the responsibility of all employees to know and understand and comply with all company safety policies and federal, state, and local regulations. Employees have a responsibility to stop and correct unsafe work practices and to refuse to work in an unsafe situation.
- Must pass the EEI POSS test.
- Required to successfully complete the 2-year Energy Supply Apprentice Training Program.
- Already possess, or be able to learn, the basic understandings of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
- Ability to learn to read and understand; P&ID’s, logic diagrams, drawings, and schematics.
- Capable of learning, understanding, filling out, and using; Lockout Tagout (LOTO), confined space, hot work, and other plant procedures.
- Willingness to learn and perform in a successful team environment.
- Ability to work a rotating shift work environment, including 12-hour shifts.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Basic computer proficiency using Windows and be able to use data base applications
Education and Experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical degree, applicable military training or recognized professional training in Electrical / Electronics field and 2 years industrial maintenance experience in the area of electronics technician or power electrician required. Training must be completed with diploma / degree and highest level of classification must have been achieved. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their craft by completing a hands-on test. Tools and materials to be furnished by the company.
- This position is a multi-disciplined position. Selection will be made based on multi-disciplined qualifications. Other disciplines which will be used as part of the selection criteria after the preceding qualifications are met include: Mechanical Maintenance Experience, (including Machining and Welding) and Steam Plant Operator Experience required.
- Experience in performing in a team-based environment a plus preferred.
- Preference will be given to individuals possessing applicable military service training, technical training or other applicable professional training in electronics, electrical I&C, Machinists or MIG/TIG/Stick Welders.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
What we offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
Apply for the job now!