Job title: Golden Harvest Sales Representative
Expected salary: $76000 – 95000 per year
Location: Washington, IA
Golden Harvest Sales Representative Job Details:
Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs. Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions. Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. We are currently seeking a Golden Harvest Seed Sales Representative for South East Iowa. As a Seed Sales Representative, you will lead dedicated Seed Advisers in your territory and provide intense local knowledge and agronomic expertise to address complex agricultural challenges.
You will enhance the prosperity of farmers by:
- Providing access to the industry’s broadest and most diverse portfolio of hybrids
- Customizing whole acre recommendations
- Recruiting, developing, and managing your team of professional resellers
- Being a strong contributing team member within the broader Seed Sales team
- Consultative selling, recognized expertise, and trust with your customers
- Deliver plans and offers to targeted customers through selected channel partners
- Create demand at the customer level, ensuring that the customer is knowledgeable about our products and has further interest in Syngenta solutions
- Act as a steward of the Syngenta portfolio by making recommendations and by managing concerns in the field as needed, in partnership with Agronomy
- Coach Seed Advisors on product placement to achieve improved customer satisfaction
- Achieve sales, profit, and market share targets within the territory and district
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights
- Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within district guidelines.
- Develop territory-level business plan and Seed Advisor business plans that identify specific opportunities, must-wins, and tactics to grow territory sales
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or a degree in a non-Agriculture discipline with a significant farming industry background or commensurate experience
- 2+ years in sales or sales leadership with the ability to work independently on a virtual team, agricultural sales experience preferred
- A strong sense of customer focus and demonstrated sales and negotiation skills
- Candidate must live in the territory
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Apply for the job now!