Job title: Lead Farm Labourer
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Expected salary: $22.23 per hour
Location: Hanover, ON
Lead Farm Labourer Job Details:
Breeder Farm Lead Hand – Hanover, ON
What’s in it for you?
- Retention bonus payable of $1,000
- Benefits after 3 months of continuous service
- Pension after 2 years of continuous service
- All PPE is provided to employees (Boot Reimbursement of $125 after 3 months of service)
- Fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and training development
The Breeder Farm Lead Hand Full -Time position is responsible for specific farm operations during the work week, general farm duties such as ensuring chicken flock is taken care and eggs are gathered, with additional responsibilities during the absence of the Farm Manager(s). Come join our team to experience working in the exciting and rewarding Agricultural Industry!
- Handling eggs such as cleaning, sorting, collecting, and quality inspection
- General cleaning/sanitation of the work area
- Completion of required paperwork
- Ensure adequate requirements for bird health are met
- Monitor operations within the barns
- Providing day to day direction to employees
- Training as required
- SAP Data Entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Adhere to and enforce all CHEQ/Biosecurity procedures
- Farm experience an asset
- Reliable transportation – must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment as needed
- Willing and able to work statutory holidays and an average of 2 weekends per month.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Leadership experience an asset
- Must live within 25 kilometers of the farm
Email: [email protected]
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Apply for the job now!