Job title: Millwright Apprentice
Company: Apex Aluminum Extrusions
Expected salary: $25 – 30 per hour
Location: Langley City, BC
Millwright Apprentice Job Details:
Do you want to be part of a passionate, innovative team? Do you take pride in delivering high quality in your work? Are you interested in growing your career with British Columbia’s only Aluminum Extruder?
If the answer is YES, then read on!
Apex Aluminum is a state-of-the-art aluminum extrusion factory located in Langley, British Columbia, Canada. With a 170,000 square foot aluminum extrusion facility and some of the most modern equipment in its industry, Apex can offer custom extrusions, mill finish aluminum and anodized aluminum to satisfy the most demanding customer and all architectural needs.
We are currently hiring for a Millwright Apprentice. If you believe you have the motivation and tenacity to take on the position with us, apply now!
The Millwright Apprentice is responsible for maintaining the equipment in the plant. He/she performs preventative maintenance tasks as assigned and does the work requested on work orders. Personnel also work on productivity, quality, and safety projects as they are identified and prioritized.
- Responsible for engaging in manufacturing support activities connected with the setup, installation and maintenance of production and related equipment.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance, such as cleaning, lubricating, adjusting or rebuilding hydraulics, pumps, pneumatic valves and seals.
- Follow a Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Inspect, examine and troubleshoot equipment to find and investigate problems or breakdowns and to ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Have prior experience rebuilding diaphragm and centrifugal pumps.
- Be a proficient trouble shooter of mechanical system.
- Be comfortable performing maintenance calls independently or as part of a team.
- Want to build their career with an exciting and dynamic team around them.
- Have experience troubleshooting and diagnosing low-voltage electrical systems.
- Enjoy working in a high paced dynamic environment.
- Be flexible and willing to work a rotating work schedule.
- Must have completed their 1st Year Millwright or have completed their foundation course.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to recommend corrective action and implement required repairs.
- Basic welding skills: MIG, TIG, ARC, and Gas Welding will be considered an asset.
- Forklift and rigging experience an asset.
Visit our website at to learn more about our company! Check out all our current job listings at .
Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish, and diversity is prized. We are committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, please advise the hiring manager or recruiter.
Apply for the job now!