Royal Canadian Mounted Police – Police Officer
Reference number: RCM23J-016345-000093
Selection process number: RCM23J-016345-000093
Please visit RCMPcareers.ca to determine if you meet the essential qualifications and requirements to become a police officer.
If you are already actively participating in the RCMP Police Officer application process, please do not apply to this advertisement.
We will contact you within 30 days from the date your application is received if you have been successful in the initial screening process. If you have not heard about the status of your application and more than 30 days has passed, please contact your local Recruiting Office: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/contact-a-recruiter Please note: if you are not successful in the initial screening process you will not be contacted.
If you are reapplying to the RCMP, because a previous application was closed or you did not complete your Cadet Training Program at the RCMP Training Academy, please reapply here.
Information on the reapplication process can be found at: www.rcmp.gc.ca/en/process-returning-applicants
For information on the RCMP’s Cadet Training Program, please visit our website: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/cadet-training
If you previously worked in the RCMP as a Regular Member or as a police officer for a Canadian law enforcement agency, please do not apply to this job advertisement. Instead, please contact your local Recruiting Office for information on how to apply to the Experienced Police Officer Program: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/experienced- police-officers.
WHEN YOU APPLY, YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING:
• You have a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma. If your education was obtained outside Canada, you will need to obtain an equivalency assessment. Contact the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials to find out which organizations across Canada conduct these assessments (www.cicic.ca).
• You are a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada. Individuals with permanent resident status must have resided (been physically present) in Canada for 3 (1,095 days) out of the last 5 years as a permanent resident
• You are at least 18 years of age to apply. Note: While you can apply to the RCMP and go through the selection process and basic training at 18 years of age, you cannot be hired to work as a police officer until you are 19 years old.
• You are proficient in English and/or French
• You have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
• You are prepared and able to carry a gun and to use it or any other necessary physical force
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. We can make accommodations if you find there are unfair barriers in the recruitment process. If this applies to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Positions to be filled:
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
English or French
If your application is selected, you may be invited for a second language evaluation or asked to provide valid Government of Canada SLE results.
You must have a minimum of a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma. If your education was obtained outside Canada, you must get an equivalency assessment. Contact the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials to find out which organizations across Canada perform these assessments (www.cicic.ca).
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Also, check out other jobs in Canada