Job title: Seasonal CDL Driver
Location: North Dakota
Seasonal CDL Driver Job Details:
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS CDL drivers spend their days making life easier for their customers – farmers, ranchers, local feed & seed stores, community gas stations and refineries. You’ll know most of the people on your route and you’ll be home most nights for supper. More than any other role at CHS, our drivers are the connecting force of the business. Through moving products from sellers to buyers, transporting supplies from production facilities to customers, and creating long lasting bonds with our customers and co-ops; CHS drivers keep rural America in business from before spring planting starts to well after fall harvest ends.
CHS is one of the biggest names in agronomy, energy and grain processing. Join our driving team in Gwinner, ND and see where your career takes you.
- Ensure accurate and timely pick up/deliveries to our customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner. Assist with or load or unload, as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service. Treat customers professionally; greet customers promptly and courteously. Promptly handle all customer concerns and elevate to leadership if required.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. To include but not limited to pre-trip and post-trip reporting, proper load securement and hours of service.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle(s) inside and out, and work environment.
- Complete and document daily maintenance inspections. Ensure proper equipment maintenance is completed including repairs, and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, training, personal protective equipment procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Report all incidents (bodily or property), accidents, and traffic violations to immediately to supervisor.
- Enroll in and complete mandatory CHS random drug and alcohol testing program and the Continuous Monitoring Program.
- Assist operational staff and perform other duties as needed or assigned. May include intercompany related driving.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in Supply Chain and Procurement and/or Transportation and Logistics
- High School diploma or GED
- Maintain or be able to obtain a CDL and DOT medical card
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours, be available for overnight stays and occasional weekends to meet business demands
- Valid Class A CDL preferred
- Hazmat,Tanker, Air Brake endorsements preferred
- Agriculture background preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Bulk liquid, pressure trailer, or forklift experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for the job now!