Job title: Senior Vice President, Communications, Marketing and Public Relations
Company: ACCES Employment
Location: Toronto, ON
Senior Vice President, Communications, Marketing and Public Relations Job Details:
Title: Senior Vice President, Communications, Marketing and Public Relations
Reports To: CEO
Location: Flexible to any ACCES site/currently working in a hybrid model
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario, and Canada. ACCES helps more than 42,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women, and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide 35+ customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills, and experience of Canada’s population.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who is knowledgeable and passionate about working in the non-profit sector. The SVP Communications, Marketing & Public Relations will be a champion of innovation and creativity, and they will demonstrate an understanding of issues relating to employment and immigration. The successful candidate will report to the CEO and will also collaborate closely with other members of the executive team at ACCES.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communication plan for ACCES that drives business growth, increases brand awareness, and aligns with organizational strategic priorities.
- Lead on strategic communication for the organization, including written and verbal statements, and presentations for the office of the CEO.
- Develop and maintain the organization’s brand strategy, ensuring consistency in messaging, visual identity, and brand guidelines.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to the marketing and communications team, including goal setting, coaching, professional development and creating an engaging work environment.
- Ensure effective management of messaging, media relations, crisis communication, public affairs, social media.
- Ensure timely management of media inquiries, issuing press releases, coordinating interviews and effective promotion of organizational events. Build and maintain media relations, ensuring that all media exposure of ACCES Employment is positive and strategic.
- Work collaboratively with service delivery teams at ACCES to provide expertise in the development and updating of all ACCES outreach activities and promotional materials including brochures, flyers, presentations materials, etc.
- Accountable for conceptualizing, and with support of the marketing team, developing newsletters, blogs, press releases, the Annual Report, and other key marketing and communications assets.
- Oversee organizational website; leverage data analytics and insights to drive informed decision-making and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Stay updated on marketing technology trends and digital transformation opportunities. Identify and implement relevant marketing automation tools, analytics platforms, and leverage salesforce data to enhance marketing and communication effectiveness.
- Oversee management of internal newsletters, intranet, and facilitation of internal communication that contribute to employee engagement.
- Lead and/or support the planning and coordination of organizational events such as annual general meetings, volunteer appreciation, fundraising, signature events and internal EDI initiatives and events.
- Work closely with Corporate Engagement team to support communication and branding of all fundraising activities and corporate sponsorship.
- Create and share insightful and valuable content to establish ACCES Employment as a trusted expert in employment services, profiling client success stories, achieving service excellence and strong results.
- Monitor sector issues and relevant news, and provide timely recognition, response, or commentary to ensure ACCES has a voice on issues that are relevant to the organization, and this is reflected in positive media/social media coverage.
- Consistently share knowledge, expertise, and unique perspectives to position ACCES as a go-to resource for industry-related insights and trends.
- Offer unique perspectives, innovative ideas, and actionable insights to engage and influence key stakeholders including government and corporate leaders, media, and other community influencers to generate opportunities to further ACCES’ mission and brand.
- Build relationships and establish credibility by responding to publicly posted comments, answering questions, and actively participating in discussions related to ACCES’ thought leadership content.
- May act as the spokesperson on behalf of the organization on sector issues.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related social field
- 12+ years of experience in senior leadership positions in the areas of marketing, communication & public relations
- 10+ years of experience overseeing a team of marketing and communications professionals.
- An approachable leader with a proven track record to inspire, motivate and develop team members.
- Strategic thinker with experience working in a non-profit organization.
- Strong knowledge of trends in immigration and the labour market in Canada. Experience in employment services is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to craft compelling messages, deliver impactful presentations, and interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Possess a deep understanding of digital marking trends and emerging technology solutions.
- Strong business, data, and statistical acumen
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!