Job title: Team Lead Customs Brokerage
Location: Mississauga, ON
Team Lead Customs Brokerage Job Details:
DHL Global Forwarding is a Freight Forwarding organization that is the expert in global air, ocean and ground Freight Forwarding. Our passion is to enable international trade utilizing the best teams in the industry. We simplify our customer operations and maximize their opportunities to achieve results.
The Team Leader manages and drives performance of a team of Customs Specialists performing the customs entries. The Team Leader will execute on customs entries and ensure customs clearance is completed in a timely and efficient manner delivered with customer service excellence. Adhering to compliance standards is essential.
Main tasks & Key Responsibilities:
- Supports relationships with Customs authorities and other required counterparts
- Directs and coordinates a team of Customs Specialists in daily Operations activities
- Ensures all Customs entries are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensures the team is trained and delivering service to DHL Service Excellence standards
- Supports in KPI achievements by conducting performance reviews and evaluating Customs
Specialist team members * Manages team productivity and develops initiatives for efficiency improvements
- Develops best practices and ensures operational adherence to defined processing standards
- Oversees operational account management and ensures delivery against agreed scope
- Handles escalations (e.g. dispute with internal/ external customers)
- Manages operational adherence to compliance standards
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled customs ops team
- Where Customs are centralized ensures that functional workflow models are in place between
central Customs Teams and Operations
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Extensive knowledge of customs requirements and operational processing of customs
activities * Long-term experience and proven track record in the customs segment
- 3-5 years in a supervisory role with proven people management skills
- CCS Qualified
- Proficient decision making skills
- High degree of written, verbal and organizational skills
- Diligent attention to detail
- We are committed to creating a workplace that ensures mutual respect and is focused on results. We hire talented people from all backgrounds. DHL is an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain, through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce. Diversity enriches our workplace, drives our success, and helps us deliver excellence.
- We are recognized as a Global Top Employer with 6 regions and 35 countries. Through our people practices, we help our forwarders realize their full potential by accessing in-site training programs, an online platform portal, loads of on-the-job training, and the chance to gain certifications for your role.
- DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Canada. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role. Applicants must be a minimum age of 18 to apply.
- Follow us on social media to learn more about our business and culture:
Apply for the job now!