Job Position: Vegetable Farm Worker
Location: La Salette, ON N0E 1H0 Canada
Employment type: Full Time
Salary: $20-$30 Per hour
Agricultural Farm Manager:
The Agricultural Manager will directly supervise, coordinate, and engage in the activities of 3 farms which are specializing in fruit, vegetable, and cash crop farming. This role is responsible for onsite management of all aspects of crop production from planting through harvest as well as the landscaping and lawn maintenance of the outdoor grounds.
- Reporting directly to and working with the management team to develop and evolve long-term agricultural plans for the farm.
- Oversee the operation of the farm and grounds, including planning and managing productions and handling administrative tasks.
- Confers with management to report conditions plan annual planting and harvesting schedules, and discuss changes in fertilizer, weed/ pest control, or cultivating techniques.
- Create and monitor budgets for maintenance, collections, grounds, or infrastructure and inspect facilities to determine needs and submit necessary work orders.
- Requisition/purchase supplies (i.e., seeds, machine parts, tools) and management needs to reduce excess levels on hand.
- Work with a team and assign responsibilities, such as cultivation, harvesting, maintenance, and packing products, or altering greenhouse environmental conditions.
- Forecasts labor requirements and equipment to plant, cultivate, or harvest, and prepares work schedule.
- Oversee and perform hardscape activities (irrigation systems installation/repair, path resurfacing/grading, rockwork, erosion control, maintenance of greenhouse coverings) and oversee construction projects (i.e., horticultural buildings or irrigation systems).
- Drives and operates machinery, such as trucks, tractors, and ATVs, to transport materials and supplies.
- Maintains records of employees’ hours worked, and work completed.
- Trains employees in horticultural techniques, such as transplanting and weeding, shearing and harvesting trees.
- Inspects facilities to determine maintenance needs.
- Observes plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees in greenhouses and fields to ascertain condition.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and legally compliant workplace that adheres to all company policies and procedures and identifies, investigates, corrects, and documents potential environmental and safety problems.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science
- Any other duties as required.
- Hydroponic Experience is an asset
- Degree in Horticulture or landscape and/or farm management, or three to five years of verified work experience in one of those areas.
- Demonstrated competence in Horticulture and/or landscaping.
- Knowledge of organic vegetable production and organic certification licensing requirements.
- Knowledge in soil and nutrient management, crop rotation and succession planting, and pest and weed management.
- Three years experience as a foreman or supervisor.
- Ability to understand and work from detailed site plans, sketches, or schematics.
- Ability to plan, budget, and implement projects.
- Ability to design and maintain aesthetically pleasing grounds including flowers, shrubs, perennials, and annuals while adhering to budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite or similar programs.
- Valid driver’s license .
- Physically able and able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role, click ‘Apply Now’.
Vegetable Farm Worker in Ontario:
We are currently looking for a Vegetable Farm Worker to join our team in Ontario, Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for performing various tasks to ensure the efficient and timely harvesting of vegetables on the farm.
- Plant, cultivate, and harvest vegetables according to season and crop requirements
- Operate farm machinery including tractors, plows, seeders, harvesters and other equipment
- Monitor crops for pests and diseases and apply appropriate treatments
- Maintain daily records of crop progress and yield
- Assist with general farm maintenance activities such as cleaning barns, sheds, or other farm structures
- Load harvested produce onto trucks or other transport vehicles
- Follow safety protocols when operating machinery or working with hazardous materials
- Adhere to all food safety regulations while harvesting crops
- At least 1 year of experience working on a vegetable farm in Ontario
- Strong understanding of vegetable farming practices including planting, cultivation, harvesting, pest/disease control, etc.
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work on a vegetable farm? We are currently searching for a Vegetable Farm Worker to join our team in Ontario, Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for performing various tasks that range from planting and harvesting vegetables to ensuring the efficient and timely harvesting of crops. With your expertise in farming techniques, you will be an integral part of producing quality produce for our customers.
Apply Now Or Check Other Vegetable Farm Worker jobs in Canada.
Hello sir my form Sri Lanka 4 yours experience farm in work about farm work
I need the work
I want to cow dairy fram.if need and giving to opportunities .im ready.contact me
Do I need a visa to work in Australia thx sir