Job title: Sponsorship Accountant
Company: Live Nation Entertainment
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:47:21 GMT
Job description: Job Summary:
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year.
Reporting to the Manager, Partnership Accounting, the candidate will be responsible for supporting accounting and reporting activities for various segments of the business including Sponsorship, Premium Seating Programs, and month-end procedures.
- Responsible for the accounts receivable cycle for the sponsorship division.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Prepare sponsorship revenue, expense and accrual journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and expense variance analyses.
- Prepare revenue and expense journals for the premium seating and membership programs and reconcile related deferred revenue accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare coding for AP invoices, prepare artist settlements for sponsorship activity, and initiate wire payments as required.
- Perform monthly intercompany confirmations and settlement activities, and prepare journals as required.
- Update lead sheets and account reconciliations, preparing adjusting entries as required
- Assist with monthly US reporting and forecasting requests.
- Assist in sponsorship and premium seating program audits.
- Assist with other duties, projects and financial reporting as requested by the management team
- Post secondary education with an accounting background
- At least 1-2 years in bookkeeping/full cycle accounting preferred
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excel proficiency (pivot tables, vlookups, mathematical/conditional formulas)
- Proven ability to handle high volume with accuracy, manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot/problem solve, results-oriented
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants for employment in Canada must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Sitting for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
Live Nation Canada strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by provincial and/or federal law. Accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available on request during all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed during the recruitment and selection process, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting, and search firms.
This job description is a summary of duties that are expected to be performed. Duties outlined on this job description may not be all-inclusive, and can be modified at any time if requested by management.
Apply for the job now!