Job title: Warehouse/Distribution Supervisor
Company: General Trading
Location: Carlstadt, NJ
Warehouse/Distribution Supervisor Job Details:
General Trading is a grocery wholesale food distributor located in Carlstadt, New Jersey. The company services “Parade” label along with most major US brand grocery products to over 3,000 independently owned supermarkets throughout the metropolitan NY area and surrounding states. It was incorporated over 80 years ago and has grown and expanded to provide our retail partners with a diverse variety of over 12,000 grocery and dairy items. General Trading not only is committed to supporting the well-being our local community but also supplies food to many countries around the globe.
General Trading Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. General Trading is an equal opportunity employer.
General Trading is hiring for experienced Supervisors! As Warehouse Supervisor, you will operate in a safe, yet an extremely high paced, fluid environment. At the core, you must have the ability to safely optimize people and technology while ensuring quality in everything we do. You are responsible for the daily oversight of operations of the warehouse employees and to ensure compliance with all company policies.
SHIFTS: Sunday – Thursday, 3pm to 11:30pm AND 10pm to 6:30am
- Effectively and safely supervise the day-to-day operations in the Dairy and Grocery Departments monitoring workflows, accuracy, and productivity of Warehousemen
- Monitor cash and carry, and re-pack areas
- Ensure product damages are minimal
- Verbal and written communication to the Traffic Department regarding returns
- Responsible for training and cross training all workers
- Controls and manages product inventory
- Ensures safety and all other policies are implemented and followed consistently
- Report daily updates to the incoming Warehouse Supervisor and escalate up appropriately
- Conduct accident investigation per company guidelines, and use judgment and discretion to make findings and document them
- Must have 5 years of warehousing experience
- Must have good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Must be comfortable using scanning equipment and computers
- Frequent periods of walking
- Bilingual Spanish a plus but not required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Full Medical
- 401k with Company Match
- PAID Sick, Personal, and Vacation
Apply for the job now!