Job title: Continuous Improvement Intern Summer 2024
Location: Olive, MT
Continuous Improvement Intern Summer 2024 Job Details:
Butterball, LLC, is one of America’s most iconic brands and the most loved and trusted brand of turkey in the United States. Known for helping consumers celebrate Thanksgiving, Butterball also brings delicious turkey products to tables around the world every day. Located in the thriving Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area, our business model gives us the opportunity to provide a diverse array of career opportunities and paths which include live operations, processing facilities, corporate functions and support offices. At Butterball, we aim to provide great-tasting foods that bring people together and inspire meaningful moments with the people who matter most.
The Continuous Improvement Intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects associated with lean manufacturing principles and the Butterball Operating System Solutions (BOSS). In addition, they will provide support to the operations team to reduce waste throughout the plant. They will assist with continuous improvement projects, contribute towards and support annual productivity goals while working with site cross functional teams.
What you will do:
- For supporting and implementation of the Continuous Improvement program for the site utilizing BOSS direction setting
- Focus on the implementation of the Continuous Improvement phase and KPIs support/delivery
- Study and gather data from production to minimize losses and drive throughput
- Reduce inedible waste – identify high scrap areas by line and implement a process to capture data for Process Usage
- Film Waste Reduction – Identify top root causes by machine and run process that creates film waste and implement improvement plans
- Develop Centerlines and Standardized Machine Settings to reduce equipment adjustments
- Identify low-performing lines through efficiency monitoring and Downtime Review
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager
- Support to Develop standard work for work cells in various value streams and develop process maps.
- Provides support for GEMBA walks and action register
- Learn to eliminate waste (machine downtime ,Cost of production, movement, etc) in the workplace.
What you have:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Pursuing Engineering degree (IE/ME/EE) preferred, Food Science / Poultry Science
– Sophomore, Junior or senior in college * Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What you are good at:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Effective communication, both written and oral
- Working on cross departmental efforts and team members of all grade levels
- Strong attention to detail, data analysis, and reporting skills, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, able to work well independently.
Manufacturing plant, exposure to temperatures, wet floor, moving machinery, industrial machines, noise level in excess to 85dB
Apply for the job now!