Job title: Yard Associate
Company: J.D. Irving
Location: Fredericton, NB
Yard Associate Job Details:
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
We are currently hiring a Material Handler/Yard Associate for our Kent store located at 25 Two Nations Crossing, Fredericton, New Brunswick
The service that we offer customers includes ensuring that our product displays are safe and easy to shop. We assist customers with picking and loading their products. To offer these services, we need associates who enjoy manual handling and physical work.
What you will do:
- Follow all Health and Safety rules and legislation while performing job functions
- Load and unload customer vehicles, operate forklift and other material handling equipment
- Pick material for customer orders, assemble material and pack appropriately for pick up or shipment to customer
- Inform your direct supervisor of any inventory discrepancies and damaged/defective material that would impact customer service
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and safety by removing empty cartons, metal banding, pallets, and other debris
- Inform supervisor of any safety issues within the warehouse and lumber yard
- Help customers as needed
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor
What you will bring:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Outstanding customer service and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop comprehensive product knowledge
- Ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and any other material handling equipment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, fast paced and dynamic workplace
- 8-hour shifts – varying schedule
- Possess a high level of attention to details
- Ability to read invoices and product return paperwork
What we offer:
- A safe work environment
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email,
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Posting Date: Sep 27, 2023
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Please be cautious of false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as J.D. Irving, Limited.
J.D. Irving, Limited would never request money from job seekers, nor request personal information beyond what is required for a resume. We routinely report suspicious activities and accounts and we ask anyone who has received messages from a fraudulent account to do the same. If you have questions about the validity of an offer, please contact .
© J.D. Irving, Limited. All rights reserved. ™ is a trademark of Irving Licensing Inc., used under licence.
An outstanding team dedicated to providing the best in products and service.
Apply for the job now!