Job title: Administration & Scheduling Manager I
Location: St. John’s, NL
Administration & Scheduling Manager I Job Details:
Aramark is a world leader in the provision of award-winning food services and has an immediate opening for an Administration and Scheduling Manager at Memorial University, St. John’s, NL campus.
We are looking for a professional candidate who is highly organized, efficient and able to multi-task If you feel able to contribute to the improvement and development of an ever-changing industry, this is the job for you.
- Create weekly employee schedules
- Input and verify weekly payroll
- Meet daily with the Manager to discuss operational and staffing concerns
- Replace/fill daily sick calls and vacancies
- Responsible for staff scheduling and filling shifts as needed in a unionized environment
- Recruitment and selection process job postings, resume screenign, interviews, reference checks
- Completes training and orientation of staff
- Assist in staff related issues – vacation requests, progressive discipline other operations arise
- Verify and manage employee sick time, annual leave, etc.
- Manage, dispute,and resolve union grievances
- Participate in labour management meetings and collective agreement bargaining
- Manage food service workers and cooks
- Post-secondary studies in Hospitality Management, Human Resources, or Business Management
- Previous supervisory experience with scheduling and human resource responsibilities
- Familiar with Collective Agreements, and their application in the workplace
- A minimum 2 years of management experience, food service environment preferred
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to manage people and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, time management, accuracy, organization, and multi-tasking
- Ability to work flexible hours is essential. This is shift work and will include early mornings, evenings, and weekends/holidays
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at or connect with us on , and .
Apply for the job now!