Job title: Intermediate Accountant
Company: Live Nation Entertainment
Location: Vancouver, BC
Intermediate Accountant Job Details:
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit .
Live Nation Canada, Inc (LNC) is the largest concert promoter in Canada producing more than 1,000 events annually with offices located in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for the reconciliation of several bank and tax accounts, accounts payable support, as well as other tasks as assigned. Duties consist of reviewing, investigating, reconciling account activity, as well as preparing journal entries in a high-volume environment. Other responsibilities will include assisting with audit requests and other month end and quarter end procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple CAD and USD accounts
- Prepare monthly/quarterly tax (GST, Provincial taxes, Non-Resident Withholding) reconciliations and remittances for several companies
- Accounts payable support for several companies
- Support in preparing year end non-resident withholding tax slips
- Preparation of journal entries
- Assist with audit requests
- Month end procedures
- Quarterly reporting requirements
- Reconciliation projects as assigned
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Skills & Qualities Desired :
- Strong organizational & time management abilities
- Strong analytical skills and very detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to clearly and concisely present, both visually and verbally, complicated reconciliation data
- Ability to multi-task, proactively solve problems, prioritize, and meet time-critical deadlines
- 2+ years bank reconciliation and tax preparation or general ledger reconciliation experience
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle preferred
Education & Knowledge Desired
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent education
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants for employment in Canada must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Apply for the job now!