Job title: Bistro Team Member – Prep Cook (Food Service)
Company: Nature’s Fare Markets
Expected salary: $17 – 20 per hour
Location: Kamloops, BC
Bistro Team Member – Prep Cook (Food Service) Job Details:
***The successful candidates can expect to work 40 hours per week and will be scheduled a combination of weekday/weekend/AM/PM shifts. Must be able to work 5:00am shift as well as evenings and weekends so flexibility is key. This position would suit someone who is an early-riser who likes to have their afternoons and evenings free!***
Are you passionate about cooking and prepping clean, organic, delicious ingredients to provide the healthiest offerings for our community? Would you like the opportunity to share your passion for food with likeminded team mates? Do you love the fast pace of a restaurant kitchen while being in an open, customer facing environment? If so this might be a great fit for you!
BISTRO TEAM MEMBER – Prep Cook
In our Bistro, we are passionately creating delicious food made with carefully chosen organic, local sustainable ingredients: fresh produce, ethically raised and grass-fed meat and dairy, and products without additives or preservatives. Our customers love our fresh juices and smoothies, gourmet sandwiches and wraps, salads, hearty soups, entrées and an array of baked goods. And, of course, we offer tasty options for a variety of food preferences including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo diets. Bistro Team Members are the heart of our food service operation and ambassadors for our grab and go, meal kits and menu items, allowing customers to taste and experience the scrumptiousness of our organic, grass-fed and local ingredients.
- Competitive wages: $17 – 20/hr experience dependent
- Flexible Benefits
- Up to 25% store discount
- Education allowance
- Free swag (products, food, clothing + more)
- Share in some laughs, air high-fives, and fun each day
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Give a warm “hello!” to our customers – we like building connections with our new and regular customers and sharing a laugh along the way.
- Assist customers on their health journey by active listening, asking targeted questions, and providing accurate and detailed information on bistro products.
- Provide personalized product recommendations and answer questions related to different dietary limitations, such as vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, paleo, keto, etc.
- Share your passion for local, organic, and sustainable products at every opportunity.
- Produce, prepare, and serve necessary menu selections, ensuring that all recipes are made correctly and according to the directions provided.
- Perform food preparation duties such as rinsing, peeling and slicing.
- Weigh, measure and season product for Hot Food Bar.
- Wrap, date-label, and store food items.
- Create or follow prep lists plan to ensure consistent products
- Discard all expired items according to company policy and place near expiry items on special promotion.
- Adhere to Food Safe principles and Covid-19 sanitization procedures at all times – temperature standards, FIFO, storage methods, etc.
- Safely use knives, slicer, ovens, Rational oven, MIWE oven, Robo Coupe, sanitizer and any other equipment or utensils required.
- Alert the Team Leader or Bistro Manager when challenges arise with customers, equipment failure, product shortages, etc.
- Use your eye for detail to make food displays that are attractive and inviting.
- Using the ‘clean as you go’ method you keep kitchen area clean, tidy and organized. Sanitize station and counters. Teamwork makes the dream work!
- In other words, you will help others, share your knowledge on our amazing products, be safe, be a great team player and have fun!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You are service minded with experience working in a vibrant customer service environment.
- Passionate about food and sharing your favourite “go-to” items
- You are flexible and seamlessly help make the workflow happen.
- You are confident and friendly in approaching and talking to people.
- Open to learning new things.
- A passion for cooking and experienced in a kitchen.
- Food Safe I Certified is a plus, but not needed in order to apply.
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive.
Nature’s Fare Markets is an equal opportunity employer and as such we strive to foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected.
Apply online today!
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!