We are currently looking for qualified cooks/chefs to join our team!
Selection process number: 19-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-266763 (SC STD 03-05)
What qualities and interests are important?
- To be empathetic, generous and versatile
- Enjoy providing high quality services
- Have an interest in working at sea
- Have a good sense of organization and priorities
- Able to work irregular schedules
- Taste for adventure and travel!
Cooks/Chefs work a schedule of a period of 14 to 42 days at sea, followed by equivalent time off with pay.
Job Titles: Cook/Chef
Tenure: Term (Relief) Opportunities
Locations: Various locations in Ontario and Québec
Rates of Pay: $67,721 to $72,177 annual salary not including overtime
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad
Qualifications Candidates must possess (essential):
- English Essential (Ontario), French Essential (Québec)
- Valid TC Ship’s Cook Certification OR Provincial Standard (Red Seal) OR Successful completion of Vocational diploma (DEP) in cooking or pastry.
- Valid Safe Food Handling certificate
- Working Effectively with Others
- Experience in the hospitality industry as a cook or chef
Conditions of Employment:
- Reliability or Secret security clearance
- Hold a valid passport
- Valid Health Canada Medical (however, a valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s medical may be accepted on initial appointment for a period of up to a maximum of 6 months or until a Health Canada Medical is completed)
- Others as applicable to the position
- The intent of the process is to create an inventory of candidates that will be used to staff RELIEF positions on a term (temporary) basis for the Canadian Coast Guard in the Central and Arctic Region – Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Sector. This work is not permanent; but accepting short term opportunities allows you to apply to permanent positions.
- CCG will periodically review the applications received and contact only those successful applicants. Applications will not be reviewed or assessed until ALL portions of the application (uploading of documents, reference check and language assessment) are completed.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Forces veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order. Given this preference and that this is a high volume hiring process, applications from non-Canadian citizens will not be accepted at this time. Should your citizenship status change, please re-apply at that time.
- The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
Also, Check out Other Jobs in Canada Here.