Job title: Community Health Nurse
Company: Government of Yukon
Expected salary: $100007 – 116049 per year
Location: Dawson City, YT
Community Health Nurse Job Details:
This is an until -filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This competition is to fill one (1) full-time permanent position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Community Nursing is committed to excellence in providing a range of accessible, affordable services that assist individuals, families and communities to reach their full potential. As a Community Health Nurse, you will focus on preventative health strategies to promote the health and well-being of our community members. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, innovative leaders with excellent communication skills. We are committed to a respectful workplace where everyone is valued.
Reporting to the Nurse in Charge of the Watson Lake Health Centre, this position will involve delivering preventative services in the form of screening, immunization, education/consultation and individual counselling, and being part of a team effort that constantly strives to improve services to the Yukon people.
In addition to the base salary, this position offers
- generous leave & benefit package
- fully furnished subsidized housing in community
- retention and community allowances
- $7,500 signing bonus
For more information regarding this position, please Melanie Kaiser by email at
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing
- Current registration with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory authority
- Experience in Public Health, Community Health, Maternal/Infant/Child health or related experience
New Grad RN’s with demonstrated experience/interest in the above areas will equally be considered
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Knowledge in community health programs
- Knowledge in vaccine delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills and flexibility
- Ability to work independently & within a diverse team
- Ability to lead, instruct and counsel
- Clear understanding of confidentiality
Conditions of Employment: Recent TB Screening, Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Screening, Valid Driver’s License, active Yukon RN registration in good standing, and Current BLS .
- Providing care both in the health centre and within the community
- Frequent driving
- Lifting and moving clients and equipment
22 August 2023
21 November 2023
Apply for the job now!