Job title: Environmental Scientist/Environmental Technician
Location: Mississauga, ON
Environmental Scientist/Environmental Technician Job Details:
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM is looking for an Environmental Scientist/Environmental Technician to join our team in Ontario. In this role, you would be involved in a variety of projects related to hydrogeologic and environmental site assessment, groundwater monitoring, protection, and management, and groundwater supply development. This is a Full-time role.
- Perform hydrogeological and environmental field tasks, as requested, efficiently and accurately, using standard methods, procedures, and techniques.
- This could include drilling site supervision, soil and bedrock logging, soil and water quality sample collection, pumping test supervision, single well response testing, completion of private water well surveys, construction monitoring, etc.
- Mentor more junior field staff in data collection protocols, field planning and site management, and Health and Safety.
- Utilize basic scientific principles, theories, practices, and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical field-based problems with limited scope.
- Collect and enter data and apply technical principles and theories.
- Interpret and record data, conduct analyses, compare findings to relevant studies and local, provincial, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Work both in the field and in the office. Candidate will be in the field 75% of the time, and will gather data using advanced technology and applications. The work may require candidate to be in various on-site locations, both urban (ex. industrial complex) to rural (ex. greenfield). Office work will required about 25% of the candidates time, and will include data entry and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data as it relates to meeting provincial and federal environmental requirements.
- Be part of a project team, which includes attending meetings, performing rudimentary analysis, and reporting.
- Bachelors of Science or Engineering degree in a relevant technical discipline, including but not limited to geology, hydrogeology, environmental science, or environmental engineering. Candidates with a College technical diploma and 2+ years of relavent experience would also be considered.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with an environmental consulting firm, industry representative, or regulator versed in hydrogeology, water supply development, site characterization, contaminated site investigation, remediation, and waste management.
- Comfort with technology, apps, and databases.
- Strong commitment to field and office Health and Safety.
- Solid written and spoken communication skills to execute the above tasks, including using Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) and preparing technical reports.
- Demonstrates an understanding and shows technical competence in conducting hydrogeological field testing, remedial investigations (i.e. installing groundwater monitoring wells, conducting soil investigations, groundwater. monitoring/sampling, programming and installing data loggers, etc.), remedial actions/construction (i.e. work around heavy equipment, oversee contractors, installation of well systems).
- Knowledgeable and experience with provincial and federal regulations.
- Self-motivated and can work efficiently in an independent role and within a group to achieve goals.
- Excited to use technology and apps, and willing to contribute ideas to improve processes.
- Have excellent time management skills and are mindful of deadlines.
- Have a high degree of personal accountability.
- Strong interest and appetite to learn about the Environment business and marketplace.
- Alignment with our core values and our Sustainable Legacies program.
- Valid driver’s license.
Note – Sponsorship for Canadian employment authorization is not available for this position.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Apply for the job now!