Job title: Heavy Duty Mechanic – Construction – Yellowknife
Company: RTL Construction
Expected salary: $2000 per month
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Heavy Duty Mechanic – Construction – Yellowknife Job Details:
Heavy Duty Mechanic – Construction
Westcan Bulk Transport Ltd.
Location: Yellowknife Terminal
The Kenan Advantage Group Inc., (KAG), is North America’s largest tank truck transporter and logistics provider, delivering energy commodities, specialty products, merchant gases, and food products across the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Our Canadian operating companies, known as KAG Canada, include Westcan Bulk Transport, RTL Construction, Les Distributions Carl Beaulac, Paul’s Hauling, Kentrax Transport, Connectrans Logistics and Valley West Transport – One team driven to make a difference! If you want to contribute to KAG’s excellent tradition of innovation and leadership in the logistics and transportation industry, we invite you to apply!
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, the Heavy Duty Mechanic (also referred to as Equipment Technician) will be responsible to support the day-to-day maintenance and repair of our off road, construction and heavy equipment. We’re looking for skilled technicians to support our repair shops with the ability to work independently and as part of our great team.
What you bring:
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required
- Previous experience with off road equipment
- Basic computer literacy with willingness to learn new skills
- Knowledge and experience to comprehend a variety of situations to identify underlying causes to solve technical issues
- Self-motivation with excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends, and on call after hours as required
About the position:
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance services
- Diagnosing faults or malfunctions working with construction equipment
- Adjusting equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems on truck and trailers
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work done meets manufacturers’ specifications and legislated regulations
- Completing service repair orders and bill out all parts used on repair order
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area
- Fly in Fly out opportunity for Canadian residents.
- Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol testing required
What’s in it for you?
- Very competitive rates including shift premiums
- Tool Allowance Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- We offer a wide range of other employee programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP matching program, annual bonus opportunities and scholarships opportunities for your children
- Referral reward payments up to $2,000 available per successful hire (certain conditions apply)
- We are a fun team and maintain a family like atmosphere
- We listen to your ideas and give you an opportunity to make changes
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety and lead by example every day through actively caring about one another
Please note, as a courtesy, we strongly encourage internal applicants to advise their immediate supervisor of their application for any position within the company.
Remember, Refer and Earn! External applicants should apply online using the ‘Join Our Team’ and ‘Apply Now’ buttons on our website, .
External applicants in consideration will adhere to a company-paid criminal record search.
We love diversity! KAG Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for the job now!