Job title: Maintenance Team Leader
Location: Langley City, BC
Maintenance Team Leader Job Details:
Wonderbrands, is a leading North American bakery (with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads, artisan breads and donuts. We are one of the largest bakeries within North America and producers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa.
Wonderbrands, a division of FGF Brands, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are hiring to build a robust Talent and Development team to support our bakeries and Team Members.
The Millwright is a member of the Maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned departmental goals. Working closely with all team members is critical in ensuring maintenance activities are completed correctly and on schedule, according to SOP’s and local regulatory requirements.
The Maintenance Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day leadership of the Maintenance Technicians. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will support and improve maintenance operations by becoming the technical expert on all the production equipment for your site, troubleshoot and repair equipment and provide leadership support in regards to scheduling, training, performance and disciplinary action.
- Understands and fulfills the duties of a leader of the following programs within the production area: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), All food safety programs, All health & safety programs
- Works very closely with all operations departments to provide immediate timely support in order to ensure operational targets are met
- Manages the day to day performance of the mechanics such as scheduling, training, performance management and any necessary disciplinary action.
- Ensures that troubleshooting and repair are accomplished in a safe and efficient manner
- Completes maintenance-related projects as required
- Ensures that Preventative and Predictive Maintenance programs are executed as scheduled
- Recommends additional training for shift tech’s as needed
- Collaborates with Maintenance Planner to ensure supplies of required tools, parts, and labor are available for timely repairs
- Promotes and supports Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing
- Maintenance Team – Equipment – recommends additional training for Shift Technicians as needed, maintain training records
- Equipment PM (Preventive Maintenance) – responsible for training the maintenance team on how to maintain equipment in safe working condition, lubricating necessary parts, changing worn out or damaged parts
- Equipment (Production) – training the maintenance team on setting up the equipment on the line for production
- Shop House Keeping – responsible for technicians maintaining the maintenance shop and tool box organized and clean
- Filling Out Shift Report – training/responsible for technicians filing out the shift report during shift
- Ordering Parts – responsible for ordering parts on QMS to help maintain shop inventory and for scheduled repairs
- Report to Ops team (bakery manager, operation leader, shift leader, Q.A., Engineering) on any plant/equipment issues
- Is the contact person for Engineering support on the shift
- Conducts daily huddles with Maintenance TMs
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years working in a manufacturing environment with a proven track record of prior leadership expertise, bakery manufacturing is an asset
- Must be a demonstrated leader who easily interacts with others and is adept at leading/motivating a team to meet schedule demands
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, along with simple mathematical abilities
- Ability to manage difficult people
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
- Licensed Millwright 433A and or Electrician 442A preferred
- Experience with maintenance systems and computer programs (MS Office; Excel; Outlook)
- Passionate about mechanical repair
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Auto CAD
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.
Apply for the job now!