Job title: Maintenance Technician
Company: Northview Fund
Location: Iqaluit, NU
Maintenance Technician Job Details:
At Northview, we are a passionate, community-focused team dedicated to making our properties the best they can be. We are proud to live, work, and play in the neighborhoods we serve, next to our residents, hotel guests and commercial tenants across Canada.
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our Residential team in Iqaluit, NU. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be critical to our delivery of world class customer service in our buildings that depict pride of ownership and respect for our residents.
- Ensuring safety, complying with Northview’s Health and Safety requirements
- Drywall repairs, painting preparation and painting, minor electrical and plumbing repairs
- Minor plumbing repairs such as plunging toilets, bathtubs, and sinks. Replacement of faucet cartridges, bleeding air in radiators, restarting the boilers and replacing tank lever
- Minor renovation of kitchen cabinets, doors, cupboards and windows
- Repair and replacement of locks
- Minor electrical repairs including replacing and repairing electrical locks and checking all security systems
- Repair and maintain stoves and refrigerators
- Assisting with and/or performing suite renovations and other minor upgrades
- Moving equipment, materials, and supplies
- Responding, troubleshooting and prioritizing work orders and handling emergency situations in a timely manner
- Removal of snow off walkways and common areas, as needed
- Delivery of notices to building residents & posting of notices in common areas where applicable
- Conduct building inspections
- Maintain tools and equipment
- Work as part of an on-call rotation team responding to work orders and emergencies (defined by Northview after hour emergency protocol)
- Assist in the implementation of preventative maintenance programs
- Resident services and assistance as required and maintaining good resident relations
- Previous experience in building maintenance
- Able to provide a criminal record check that is free of relevant convictions
- If using a company vehicle, provide annual drivers abstract and proof of a valid driver’s license
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs, work with and climb stairs with equipment and supplies.
- Competitive pay
- Extended health care including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, drug coverage and wellness programs
- Discounts on rent at Northview properties
- Vacation Travel Assistance for Northern employees
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve, please submit your resume in confidence to . Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted. Northview welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for the job now!