Job title: Fuel Truck Operator
Company: Anglo American
Location: Northwest Territories
Fuel Truck Operator Job Details:
Be part of the team.
The team that makes it happen.
You communicate openly and enjoy being part of a fantastic team with an unwavering commitment to safety. Come and join us working at Gahcho Kué one of the world’s greatest mines.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
De Beers Group has an opportunity within the Mine Operations Department at the Gahcho Kué Mine for a highly motivated Fuel Truck Operator. Reporting to the Supervisor, Mine Maintenance, the incumbent will work a 14 days in / 14 days out rotation and be involved in all stages of equipment fueling in the field, to reduce machine downtime, while continually aligning daily functions with the values of De Beers. The ideal candidate is committed to safe work practices and strives for zero harm.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work for a stable company, at a safe and established mine, we want to hear from you.
- Lubing and fueling equipment in the field;
- Meeting deadlines and appointments in the pit to lubricate equipment;
- Identifying mechanical problems and reporting them to the Light Vehicle Shop;
- Maintaining the Lubrication/ Fuel truck;
- Performing all work assigned, in a safe and well-managed manner;
- Communicating with crews to coordinate work and provide updates;
- Complying with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct;
- Participating in safety audits and meetings, maintaining meaningful contribution and participation; and being a team player; and
- Completing administrative functions by recording all task-related information.
- Preference given to members of the Deninu Kué, Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation, North Slave Métis Alliance, Northwest Territory Métis Nation, Tlicho Government, or Yellowknives Dene First Nation and residents of the NWT;
- Heavy Equipment certificate or equivalent on the job training and experience;
- Minimum one (1) year experience operating mobile heavy equipment, specifically Dual axle Fuel or Lube truck;
- Must be able to pass driver competency course and exam (i.e Air Brake test);
- Must be able to meet “Authorised User” requirements for High Risk Activities, such as Fall Protection and Confined Space and Mine Pit activities;
- Knowledge of basic maintenance on a variety of heavy mobile mine equipment:
- Knowledge of oils and basic mechanical knowledge of heavy equipment;
- Ability to safely work day and night shifts on a rotational basis;
- Ability to manage time effectively and stay on schedule, with minimal supervision;
- Ability to proficiently keep records for Fuel and Lube Dispensing quantities;
- Ability to communicate with all departments on the mine site, as well as the Truck Shop and Light Vehicle shop; and
- Experience in mining industry, preferably open pit mining.
Who We Are: De Beers Canada
Active in Canada for over 60 years, we are part of De Beers Group, the world’s leading diamond company. Globally, we are a team of more than 20,000 people, with operations in Canada, Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa, and activities across the diamond value chain from exploration to diamond jewelry retail. Our unwavering focus on sustainability and Building Forever fuels our commitment to advance standards across the diamond industry, protect the natural world, partner with local communities, and accelerate economic inclusion to support diversity in our business and beyond.
In Canada, we have more than 600 employees working at offices in Calgary, Toronto and Yellowknife, actively exploring for new diamond opportunities, recovering diamonds at the joint venture Gahcho Kué mine in the Northwest Territories, and closing and rehabilitating two mines. We are also advancing the Chidliak Project to establish a technologically advanced diamond mine on Baffin Island using FutureSmart Mining™ principles.
At De Beers, we believe in the power of working in partnership with communities to create lasting, positive impacts that endure long after we recover the last diamond. Our inclusive and diverse workplace values mining with respect for the environment and nearby communities, and we seek team players who share our passion for Making Life Brilliant.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
As a global #HeForShe Thematic Champion, De Beers is committed to promoting an equitable, inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential. Please inform us should there be any special requirements that should be considered as part of your application.
Sustainability is at the heart of our decision-making – it is how we do business. Building Forever is key to our purpose as it represents our ambitious and holistic sustainability framework and is central to our ability to deliver long-term value to our communities and partners. This shapes how we protect our social and environmental license to operate, build a long-term legacy in our host communities and earn consumers’ trust in our diamonds that they can wear with pride.
Referral incentive applicable: This opportunity is open to a paid referral incentive according to the [insert policy name]. Referral incentives are applicable to De Beers Group internal employees only.
Referral incentive Not applicable: This job is open to employee referral, but NO referral incentive is payable.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Apply for the job now!