Job title: Seasonal Automotive Tire Technician – Whitehorse, YT
Company: Kal Tire
Expected salary: $20 – 22 per hour
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Seasonal Automotive Tire Technician – Whitehorse, YT Job Details:
Are you on the lookout for a company that appreciates your hands-on skills and offers you paid training, flexible hours, and a clear path to both full and part-time positions? Look no further! At Kal Tire, we are excited to welcome a Seasonal Automotive Tire Technician to join our team at our Whitehorse, YT location at 9038 Quartz Rd, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 5L8.
This entry-level role serves as your gateway to potential permanent opportunities within our organization. You can explore roles such as; Commercial Tire Technicians, Tire Brake and Alignment Technicians, Service Truck Operators, Retread Technicians, and more.
Why Choose Kal Tire
- Paid Training: Join Team Kal and benefit from our top-notch training programs. No prior knowledge or experience is necessary-all you need is a positive, safety-focused attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Competitive Wages: This position starts at $20.00-$22 per hour (depending on experience), and we provide a transparent pathway for career progression with wage increases.
- Safety Culture: At Kal Tire, safety is our top priority. Just as we’re committed to delivering exceptional customer service, we’re equally devoted to ensuring the safety and well-being of our team.
Your Growth Journey with Us
- Hands-On Experience: Dive into a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you actively participate in our “make it happen” service approach.
- Expand Your Horizons: Cultivate your professional growth with a reputable company that invests in your development. Witness firsthand how Kal Tire supports & develops our team members.
- Automotive Industry Entry: This could be your introduction into the automotive industry. If you have a knack for mechanics, there are opportunities for you to explore.
What We’re Looking For
- Physical Stamina: You’re comfortable lifting 30 to 50 lbs.
- Driver’s License: While not mandatory, a valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Positive Attitude: Bring a great attitude and a passion for, or experience in, the automotive field.
Our Inclusive Culture
At Kal Tire, we’re dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, included, and empowered to succeed. We believe in the strength of diverse perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Top of Form
Upon shortlist, you will be contacted by a member of our team and invited to an onsite interview with a possible walkthrough of the store including the service area so please dress accordingly.
Additionally, as part of our standard hiring process, prospective Team Members at the Job Offer stage will be requested to undergo a Canadian Criminal Record Check.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact – It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
Apply for the job now!