Job title: Regional Manager
Company: Northview Fund
Location: Inuvik, NT
Regional Manager Job Details:
At Northview, we are a passionate, community-focused team dedicated to making our properties the best they can be. Headquartered in Calgary, AB, we currently operate in six provinces and two territories, managing over 11,000 multi-residential units, 1.1 million sq. ft of commercial space, and 200 executive suites. We are proud to live, work, and play in the neighborhoods we serve, next to our residents, hotel guests and commercial tenants.
We are looking for a Regional Manager to join our Residential team in Inuvik, NT. Reporting to the Regional Director, NWT, you will be key to ensuring that our portfolio of multi-family properties is being operated effectively and efficiently in their respective regions.
What you will do:
- Coordinate, manage and support onsite staff to ensure efficient operation of portfolio
- Report to the Regional Director, providing various reports as required
- Work closely with Human Resources for employee relations and payroll
- Manage rent, vacancy and rental incentives – provide team with direction and follow up
- Develop and implement marketing plans to maximize rental income
- Ensure strong customer service to residents, while still minimizing delinquency
- Manage rent collections and accounts receivable – provide team with direction and follow up
- Maintain and develop good relations with customers and contractors
- Manage purchasing, inventory and accounts payable – provide team with direction and follow up
- Manage annual sealift purchasing activities to ensure adequate supply of materials are available for use throughout the entire year
- Conduct property inspections, and monitor fuel and utility consumption
- Direct the work of the facilities team, regarding building capital expenditures and establishing long term capital improvement programs for the portfolio
- Facilitate timely resolution of insurance claims
- Review NOI on all properties – ensure effective expense control and manage operating costs
- Annually develop and continuously manage regional operating and capital expenditure budgets
- Assist in office administration and leasing of suites, as necessary
- Understand and meet federal, provincial and local bylaws, codes and property standards
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- Minimum three years’ management experience, ideally in residential or building management
- Good customer service skills, a pleasant demeanor and the ability to speak and write English fluently
- Previous experience working with, managing, and creating budgets
- Able to work independently, is a self-starter and takes pride in the delivery of services
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Possess the ability make good hiring decisions and to manage and retain employees
- Ability to work weekends and on call when necessary
Priority consideration will be given to enrolled participants of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement and beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve, please submit your resume in confidence to . Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted. Northview welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation, please contact the Northview HR team.
Apply for the job now!