Job title: Registered Nurse (RN) – Labour & Delivery
Company: North York General Hospital
Expected salary: $35.52 – 50.85 per hour
Location: Toronto, ON
Registered Nurse (RN) – Labour & Delivery Job Details:
IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care and as one of Canada’s leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. North York General Hospital is part of North York Toronto Health Partners, a collaborative partnership with patients, primary care, and community partners, a first- generation Ontario Health Team, driving the development of a locally integrated health system to serve the community. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to strengthen and promote health protection to patients, staff and members of the public attending in the hospital, prior to the first day of employment with the Hospital, all successful candidates are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (full vaccination is required) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source. An individual is fully vaccinated if they have provided proof of vaccination in the form of a receipt from COVaxON (the Ministry’s provincial system for COVID-19 vaccination information) and 14 days have elapsed from the final dose. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement.
Registered Nurse, Labour and Delivery
Your goal in this position is to provide excellent patient and family driven care, in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers, with an emphasis on the assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of patient health. You’re a great relationship builder, and foster close contacts with peers across the entire organization. You have great interpersonal skills, and effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families. You also have excellent assessment skills with clinical knowledge of care of the geriatric population. You have effective organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, time management and teaching skills. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
Great Registered Nurses are:
- Organized – they embrace the challenge of prioritizing patient care demands in a fast paced environment, and are eager to engage with new challenges every single day
- Great Communicators – they communicate effectively with colleagues, staff, volunteers and families
- Decisive – at the end of the day, they have the ability to make the big decisions, to take ownership of their actions, and use their critical thinking and problem solving skills in the best interests of the patient
- Safety Conscious – they know that keeping everyone safe and healthy is the highest priority, and follow all H&S policies and guidelines
- Committed – they embrace our learning culture and demonstrate ongoing commitment to professional development to enhance their knowledge and skills
On a practical level, you will
- Demonstrate the ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice per the College of Nurse of Ontario
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with patients/clients, families and other members of the health care team
- Think critically, set priorities and organize work in response to client/patient needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of transfers and lifts
- Be committed to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
- Assume a leadership/charge role with demonstrated evidence of self- motivation regarding continuing education in areas of patient assessment, patient education and related Clinical Specialties
- Foster good public relations and working relationships in a family centered care environment
- Demonstrate your ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations
- Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification
- Recent breast feeding course
- Fetal Health Surveillance certification, preferred
- Perinatal Certificate, preferred
- 2 – 3 years Labour & Delivery experience, preferred
- Operating Room experience, preferred
- Bilingualism in French/ English an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full-Time Temporary position of 12 months with 8 and 12 hour shifts, Days and Nights, including weekends in the Labour & Delivery department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which may include benefits, pension, vacation pay, or pay in lieu of benefits, when applicable. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
- Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
- We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply for the job now!