Job title: Renewable Operations Engineer
Expected salary: $81090 – 197210 per year
Location: Port Hardy, BC
Renewable Operations Engineer Job Details:
ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower carbon energy economy in order to preserve the world’s natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
The Renewable Operations Engineer will support the operation of ENGIE’s North American wind and solar generation fleet by planning and supervising maintenance, responding to forced outages and developing and implementing technical programs. The Engineer will work within an engineering team with varied areas of expertise to sustain and enhance the overall asset portfolio of high voltage substations, transmission lines, distribution lines, wind turbines and solar inverters.
This position is located in Northern Vancouver Island, BC and will report to the Engineering Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Participate and support site safety and environmental management systems; assure safety and environmental considerations are included in engineering products
- Manage site engineering documents and design information to be accurate and of high quality
- Collaborate with the North American engineering team to provide engineering, management and technical support to operating sites
- Use technical information, such as design information, operating experience and fundamental engineering principles, to resolve equipment performance problems and technical issues and to provide input to operational decisions
- Monitor and evaluate equipment and system performance by examining and trending the results of condition-monitoring activities, reviewing equipment failures, analyzing availability/reliability information, and performing system inspections. Provide follow-up actions that are timely and effective, based on identified problems, trends, and root cause determinations
- Ensure sites maintain compliance with NERC reliability standards and system operator requirements
- Provide technical guidance to site operations and maintenance procedures and personnel
- Participate in and lead on-site maintenance work when necessary
- Evaluate and develop site improvement projects. Provide economic justification, develop RFQs, manage contractors, develop budgets and manage cost control responsibilities for projects
- Present engineering analysis and recommendations to site staff, management and directors
- Available to serve as relief for Cape Scott Wind Farm Site Manager during absences
- Ability to travel for short term assignments as required
- Utilize software based purchasing, work order, preventative maintenance and inventory systems
- Acts as a team member with all employees of the renewables sites and collaborate with members of the ENGIE team at other sites across various businesses
- Comply with all ENGIE NA policies and procedures
- Work multiple projects including supporting future business development projects
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- A minimum five (5) of relevant experience in a power generation, transmission, distribution, or heavy industrial environment required
- Ability to be registered as a Professional Engineer or Engineer-in-Training in British Columbia
- Experienced at preparing high-voltage equipment switching plans
- Working knowledge of power generation, transmission and distribution equipment including protection and control, high-voltage apparatus, overhead lines and SCADA systems. Intermediate to advanced knowledge in one or more of the above areas is an asset
- Familiarity with NERC Reliability Standards is an asset
- Possess strong planning, scheduling and project management skills with the ability to plan and work independently
- Possess strong computer and analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage and supervise people
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use company computer
- Ability to perform demanding work at heights under adverse conditions and when participating in emergency activities
- Enter and work in a confined space
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Lift 50 lbs. of weight
- Eyesight corrected to 20/40 to accurately read and interpret instruments and gauges
- Hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is renewable, efficient, and accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- Salary Range: $81,090-$197,210, annually
- Actual salary offered may vary depending on geography, experience, education, internal pay alignment, or other bona fide factors
- In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a competitive bonus / incentive plan
- At ENGIE we understand that benefits matter, we offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, parental leave, and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
Your talent acquisition partner can share more specific information regarding the salary for the position based on the work location.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at . This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
Business Unit: GBU Renewables
Division: REN NORTHAM – US
Legal Entity: ENGIE Canada Inc.
Contract Type: Employee
Job Type: Permanent
Professional Experience: Skilled ( >3 experience
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Apply for the job now!