Looking for an exciting new job opportunity? We are hiring Seasonal Farmer to help grow and harvest seasonal crops in the United States. Enjoy the great outdoors, a supportive team, and competitive pay. Join us today to start your journey.
We are seeking a motivated Farmer to support the day-to-day operations of the farm at Farms Work Wonders. In conjunction with the Farm team, Farmers participate in and understand all farm activities related to food production, sustainability, conservation & youth education. Farmers are our boots on the ground, ensuring timely planting, cultivation and harvesting, and maintaining orderly and efficient workspaces. We are accepting applications for both full and part time positions.
This role reports to the Agriculture Manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform general field work including weeding, cultivation, transplanting, seeding and harvesting.
- Help provide education and instruction to local high school students (Junior Crew team members) who participate in many of our enterprises
- Support sales outlets including bakery, kitchen, onsite produce and plant sales, wholesale, and CSA
- Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
- Ensure staff, crew, customer and visitors’ personal safety by promoting individual awareness of hazards and teaching safety skills on the job, as well as identifying new hazards.
- Ensure quality control in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, harvest and post-harvest treatment of crops.
- Ensure farm and production spaces are clean, presentable and attractive at all times
- Assist with content creation for social media and other platforms.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Any other task or activity required to ensure smooth operation of the farm and non profit organization.
- Passionate about working for a youth-driven nonprofit organization
- Must have a friendly and positive demeanor
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (Our farm is rurally located with limited public transportation available.)
- Must have weekend availability
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Previous farm experience is preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Must be hardworking and understanding that farming is rewarding, yet physically demanding
- Must have enjoyment of working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
WORK SCHEDULE AND POSITION DATES
This position is expected to work 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, with 2 days off per week. Must have weekend availability. The position term is expected to be filled May 1, 2023 through October 31, 2023.
This position is classified as exempt with a starting wage of $15/hr. There are part time and full time opportunities available. In addition to competitive pay, we offer the following benefits for seasonal employees:
- Discount on items in the market and CSA program
- Paid training opportunities
Housing options may be available.
ABOUT Seasonal Farmer job in the United States
Farms Work Wonders is a nonprofit social enterprise whose mission is to ignite the spark of curiosity in Appalachian youth so they see themselves and their future in new and exciting ways. We create living classrooms to provide real-life learning experiences and generate proceeds that are 100% reinvested back into the local community. In 2016, Farms Work Wonders launched the Wardensville Garden Market project—an organic farm, market, and bakery that has currently created over 100 local, good-paying jobs with most held by local high school students, and we continue to grow.
Farms Work Wonders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply Now and also check out Farm Jobs In Usa With Free Visa Sponsorship In America.
I like this page
This is amazing can give opportunity to most people who can’t make it formally
I’m interested, please do accept me..thank you