Job title: Warehouse Store Worker
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Warehouse Store Worker Job Details:
IMMEDIATE HIRING – WAREHOUSE WORKER, Chilliwack Mill Store
Trouw Nutrition is hiring… a Warehouse Worker to join our team in Chilliwack on a casual basis. If you are local to the area and available to start immediately, we want to hear from You!
Your daily focus? Coordinating incoming shipments, processing documents, verifying product and quantities; storing, rotating, monitoring and counting inventory; organizing and maintaining the warehouse, yard and store, and helping out in the store as needed. The position may be cross trained for the tills. The candidate is also responsible for following all safety regulations and procedures associated with the duties.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Warehouse Worker coordinates incoming shipments, processes documents verifying product and quantities; storing, rotating, monitoring and counting inventory; organizing and maintaining the warehouse, yard and store and helping out in the store as needed. Must be able to lift 25 kg bags of feed and perform other duties as required.
We count on you to bring a professional and positive attitude and a passion for excellent customer service. The successful candidate will need the following:
- Complete all paperwork required for assigned tasks ensuring proper documentation for Food Safety and follow quality standards
- Ability to follow strict manufacturing practices and safety policies
- Outstanding organizational abilities and demonstrated accurate attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills; Collaborative and communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and efficiently multi-task under tight deadlines
- Must have or be in the process of acquiring BC Forklift certificate within 90 day probation period
- Must have or be in the process of acquiring a Pesticide certificate and Veterinary dispensing certificate
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- 2-3 yrs. experience in a mill, warehouse, greenhouse, or farm preferred, with forklift driving skills
- Strong, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Collaboration, good communication skills (written and verbal), high learning capacity
GOOD TO KNOW
- Ability to regularly bend and twist and lift 25kg on an occasional basis
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Not allergic to dust, hay, straw or feed grains
- Often exposed to loud sounds, distracting noise levels, and dusty hot/cold environments.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Base wages commensurate with experience.
- Regular; Full-time; Monday through Saturday, 4 X 10 hour-shifts with lunch, 7AM – 5:30PM
Our corporate values FEED your career: Passion | Inclusivity | Integrity | Trust | Curiosity. These values are engrained into our core and shape everything we do
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
Apply for the job now!