Job title: Backend Engineering Internship
Company: Atlan Technologies Pvt Ltd
Location: New Delhi
Backend Engineering Internship Job Details:
Hello, we are Atlan!
A home for data teams around the world. Atlan makes it easier for diverse data users – business users, product managers, analysts, and engineers – to collaborate effectively. (Think of what Salesforce is for sales teams or GitHub for engineering teams). (Check out our , , and .)
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
At Atlan, we started as a data team ourselves tackling problems like national healthcare and poverty alleviation with data science. (Check out our and .)
The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They’re made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and “DNA” that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We were awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India’s National Data Platform used by India’s Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That’s how Atlan was born. We’re on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives’ best work.
Read our co-founder Prukalpa’s article on and our journey of .
We’re growing fast
In the last few months, we have onboarded some dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 10+ countries.
Atlan was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps, one of the top three companies globally (and one of the fastest companies to make the list ). We were also named in Gartner’s inaugural Market Guide for Active Metadata and as a Top 5 Global Innovator in DataOps by IDC.
We’re backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors.
Watch this three-minute video of (in conversation with Sequoia Capital).
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences. Data is chaos, but that doesn’t mean that work should be!
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with Atlan!
What will you do?
- Abstract away complex data interactions with easy-to-use APIs that will power web applications.
- Support our Engineering Team to manage end-to-end of the backend for our products.
- Understand and work with leading technologies that reduce development costs with no foreseeable downsides.
- Own, scale, and maintain the compute and storage infrastructure for the various product teams.
- Work closely with our Engineering and Product Team to understand needs and develop solutions for our users.
- Learn how to mitigate risks through robust analysis and testing.
What makes you a match for us?
- You are fluent in HTTP and have a knack for picking the right set of tools for the job at hand.
- You can work with Python or Golang.
- You have a desire to deepen your knowledge of current technologies as well as learn new ones.
- You have a basic understanding of DevOps (log rotation, reverse proxies, and other activities that give reliability to the software in development).
- You love open source as much we do! Bonus points if you are an active contributor to the community (speak at conferences, meetups, etc).
Working at Atlan
Apply for the job now!